POSITION: Assistant Controller
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
MOSAIC is searching for an Assistant Controller. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of accounting principles, have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, and is detail oriented. You will also have strong interpersonal skills that will allow you to work effectively with the team you will be supervising, other departments and people at all levels in the organization. If you are flexible, comfortable with change and want to work as part of a dedicated group, we want you to join our team.
· Five years’ related accounting experience including payroll, receivables, and payables
· Formal training in a recognized accounting program or equivalent experience
· Supervisory experience
· Proficient in relevant computer software, including: Sage (or similar) general ledger, bank, accounts receivable, accounts payable modules; and Excel or
similar spreadsheet software
· Experience in accounting for programs and working with program management
in a multi-department accounting environment.
· Experience in meeting funder (or similar) requirements with respect to budgeting, reporting, and monitoring financial aspects of programs
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Critical thinking and thoughtful questioning
· Effective organizational abilities, attention to detail, sound judgment and initiative, ability to multitask and tactful patient approach
· Experience working in a non-profit and multicultural environment is an asset
This is a Full-Time position starting as soon as possible
STARTING PAY: Commensurate with experience
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
RESUMES TO: Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format via email to:
F&A Hiring Team
Please use: “Your Name – Assistant Controller” in the subject line
No telephone calls please.
DEADLINE: 5 PM, September 17, 2021 or Until position is filled
NOTES: We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally be permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of this position.
Posting Date: August 31, 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!