Sleep Disability Support Worker - Temporary Nights (12 hour shifts)
Schedule: 30+hrs/wk; 8pm- 8am with 8 hrs sleep 4 day rotation 4 on 4 off
Female staff only
Program # 336-31 Westlock Friendship House
WJS Canada's Community Disability Services team in Westlock encourages persons with developmental disabilities to build on their strengths, further develop life skills, overcome barriers and participate in their community.
During overnight hours sleep shift staff ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the person in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations. In the event of an emergent situation, sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities.
(8pm to 8am) 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off rotation
8 hours are paid at $15/hr sleep rate
In Your Role You Will
• Implement person-centered plans
• Help the individual dream about possibilities, plan and achieve.
• Assist individuals to develop personal home living skills, sometimes hands on care is required.
• Maximize participation within home & community inclusion
• Minimize risks in the client`s physical, social & recreational environments .
• Model socially appropriate behaviours
• Work with minimal supervision
• Collaborate with team members to solve problems, resolve conflicts and make decisions.
• Medication administration or first aid, as needed.
• Collect/file information, prepare correspondence, ISPs, and progress reports according to agency, ministry and accreditation standards.
• Participate in shift exchanges & staff communication.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Two (2) years experience working with persons with a developmental disability, delays, Autism, FASD or mental health diagnoses.
• MUST HAVE - Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License; reliable vehicle, clean driver’s abstract and adequate insurance
• Skills in coaching/assisting individuals in life skills, anger management, daily chores, self help & problem solving, etc.
• Committed to philosophies and principles of community based living for individuals in service.
• Good computer skills - as all files are electronic
• CPR/First Aid & Abuse Protocol training
• Non Violent Crisis Intervention training
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit package including, employer-paid extended health & dental, 100% prescription coverage and 2 weeks vacation to start, increasing to 3 weeks after 2 years employment
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs and career development
• Flexible hours
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply for JOB# J0821-1400 online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!