Hours of Work Per Week: 20
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Some flexibility of schedule and remote work.
WJS Canada is hiring a part time Staffing Clerk to fully support our Central Staffing Office.
WJS Canada has a number of programs throughout British Columbia, including Youth Residential services and Community Living services.
Each of the Community Living programs provide essential services to adults we serve with personalized support programs that stress independence, support unique strengths and qualities, and encourage integration into the community.
Our Youth Residential programs are designed to encourage youth to reach their full potential by discovering their own inner strengths. Programs balance life skill education with recreation in a culturally appropriate context; encouraging positive life changes and increasing the young person’s self-esteem in a therapeutic environment.
The Staffing Office Clerk recruits, pre-starts / on-boards and schedules qualified casual / on-call employees, who are cross-trained in multiple programs, to fill short-term absences within WJS Canada's social services programs across British Columbia.
One (1) Permanent, Part-Time position with a weekly schedule of 20+ hours. Note that there is some flexibility with the hours / days, and combination of in-office and remote work options.
In Your Role You Will
• Work with HR to implement processes for new staffing office; further developing procedures for standardized employee orientation program.
• Serve as the primary contact for employees unable to work shift(s) due to illness, planned/unplanned absences, etc.
• Use Njoyn Applicant Tracking System to recruit qualified individuals.
• Use HRIS, Ceridian Dayforce and scheduling/bidding software to allocate, call-in and schedule relief staff to fill short-term vacancies.
• Assist in recruiting casual / on-call staff and practicums; and obtain mandatory security clearances (MCFD, HUB and criminal record checks) in a timely manner to facilitate the hiring process.
• Maintain on-call list, relief staff records, seniority data and work availability.
• Adhere to BCGEU and CUPE collective agreements.
• Review/audit timesheet records.
• Establish, maintain and update files, databases, records, etc. to document all activities.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• High School Diploma, GED or Diploma/Degree in a related field (i.e. administration, human resources, social work)
• MINIMUM of 3 YEARS staffing, Human Resources or related experience - payroll administration, Nursing Unit Clerk, etc.
• Njoyn ATS, HRIS, Ceridian Dayforce HR/payroll and scheduling/bidding software experience
• Experience working within collective agreements
• Data management, documentation and organizational skills
• Self-awareness with the ability to remain calm and focused during times of increased pressure
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada's community-based, social services programs for children, youth, adults and families have provided high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care across Canada for more than 30 years.
Our Employees Enjoy
· Work/life balance with flexible hours and potential for remote work options
· Learning and career development opportunities
· Competitive wages
· Paid vacation and benefits for eligible employees
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
· Employee recognition
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!