Hours of Work Per Week: 35+ hrs/wk
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday - Friday
Hourly wage based on skills and related experience.
WJS provides community-based social services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities, and young offenders, designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and confidence.
***Interviews will be conducted via web-based/online resources.***
Working in a busy central administrative office in Maple Ridge, the Administrative Assistant performs administrative support duties for various departments including Human Resources and Accounting, requiring a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Deadlines may be stressful at times.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, compose, edit and proofread documents, correspondence, reports and proposals from notes or verbal direction, or from knowledge of established policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings..
• Relay and resolve administrative problems, telephone and/or walk-up enquiries.
• Schedule/coordinate meetings, events, interviews, appointments, travel and lodging arrangements, etc. for senior management.
• Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; perform basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
• Develop/maintain data, and perform routine analyses and calculations for recurring internal reports.
• Assist in problem solving, project planning, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents.
• Order supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services, as required.
• Lead and train lower graded staff and/or student practicums, as required.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) with a specialized admin support program.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience directly related to the specified duties and responsibilities.
• Skilled in the use of computers and related applications, including using Office 365 to create complicated documents and reports; willingness to learn and adapt to new software.
• Familiar with computer-based group conference processes (ie. Zoom)
• Ability to re-prioritize and adjust to interruptions and changing requirements.
• Ability to comprehend information and communication effectively both orally and in writing, including business communications.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures and use a problem-solving approach.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Records maintenance and database management skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!