The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice of municipal governments, representing the interests of cities and communities with the federal government.
Position: Coordinator - GMF
Department: People and Culture
Classification: Level 3
Language: Bilingualism (English and French) is required
The People & Culture (P&C) Coordinator for the Green Municipal Fund (GMF) unit organizes and performs a wide variety of duties that enable and nurture a positive employee experience for those within the unit. This includes effective delivery of all GMF P&C programs and policies. The Coordinator also supports FCM’s broader organizational effectiveness initiatives through close integration and collaboration with Finance, IT, and Facilities, creating a positive candidate, employee, and manager experience and ensuring culture matters
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Business Partner and Director P&C for GMF to ensure high level service and support for all our people and programs.
- Acts as the central contact point for GMF employees related to P&C information, organizing responses in the context of known priorities, responding where possible, redirecting requests to other areas where appropriate, and other times drafting responses and documents for review.
- Actively involved in the day-to-day success of an efficient recruiting process and exceptional experience for candidates and hiring managers. Working hand-in-hand with the Business Partner, some specific responsibilities include:
- Proofread, format, and post new jobs to pre-determined websites (internally and externally);
- Act as the point of contact for external service providers/recruiting agencies who help fill temporary positions;
- Support the Business Partner in preparing competition/campaign folders;
- Schedule interviews including logistical support for managers and candidates;
- Follows-up on general interview inquiries from candidates;
- Conduct reference checks; prepare and send offer letters; and ensure all documentation is filed and up-to-date.
- Timely and accurate creation and processing of all employee letters; appropriate updates to systems to reflect changes.
- Organizes GMF-specific onboarding, ensuring efficient and effective learning for newly hired employees to ensure a positive new hire experience.
- Organizes “new hire welcome meetings” for all new employees with the Business Partner for those who join GMF and exit interviews for those who depart.
- Updates established P&C Metric Dashboards to support the Business Partner and Director in making data driven people and program decisions.
- Actively engaged in offering ideas and logistical support of GMF and FCM-wide Wellness initiatives (e.g. coordinating and participating in monthly Wellness Task Force meetings, logistics of planning and coordinating Mental Health First Aid training).
- Supports the organization and delivery of various Leadership Development activities (e.g. organizing dates with vendors, scheduling training with managers, and organizing coaching circles)
- Works closely with FCM P&C team members to ensure a corporate lens is applied to the GMF-specific support that is provided.
- Brings a growth mindset and spirit of joy to work and expects that in return from colleagues.
- Professionally and respectfully challenges processes policies, and methods of work to improve what we do and how we do it.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Strong, proven experience in the provision of business support services, including experience working in a human resources environment dealing with staff on a daily basis and answering inquiries (or equivalent combination of education/experience).
- Digital savvy with a strong working knowledge of business support processes, document repository processes, and proven capabilities in computer business applications as well as an HCMS (e.g., Office 365, SharePoint, and cloud environments).
- Strong organization and communications skills, and a professional attitude in order to coordinate a variety of variables, action plans, administrative policies, internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Comfortable with and enjoys working both independently and as part of a collaborative, supportive team.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and professionalism with sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to speak, write and communicate in English and French is required including advanced English writing skills, essential. Fully bilingual preferred.
The benefits to joining the FCM team include summer hours (Fridays off between July 1st and Labour Day); office facilities located in the ByWard Market, FCM’s commitment to employee development and a competitive range of employee benefits and services. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, FCM is currently under a temporary work from home protocol until further notice. The successful candidate must have the ability to work from home during this period.
For additional information on this posting, or for further information on FCM, access our website at www.fcm.ca.
Visit the careers section of our website to apply. Deadline for applications is September 15, 2021.
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, 2019 and all applicable provincial accessibility standards, upon request, accommodation will be provided by FCM throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring