he Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) is a private not-for-profit corporation that is designated by the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services as the regulatory authority responsible for licensing of Ontario’s new home builders and vendors. HCRA’s goal is to foster improved homebuyer confidence in the home building industry through modern licensing standards, education and compliance, providing increased consumer protection through enhanced regulatory measures. To learn more about HCRA please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
Stakeholder Relations & Communications Specialist
HCRA is seeking a creative communications professional who thrives in a fast-paced, high-profile environment to fill the role of Stakeholder Relations & Communications Specialist. Working within a collaborative team and reporting to the Director, Consumer & Industry Relations, you will:
- Support the development of digital communications, public and consumer education strategies and initiatives and the development of a range of products to advance HCRA’s strategic objectives and build upon their mandate and services.
- Support the implementation of outreach and stakeholder engagement initiatives, events and consultations; Develop presentations, materials and coordinate required logistics.
- Work with key HCRA staff and content experts to identify and develop communications content in support of HCRA initiatives and providing writing and editing support.
- Coordinate design, translations, deployment and support to the development of stakeholder and corporation communications content
- Develop communications and stakeholder relations materials based on best practices for digital media identifying gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate issues management and media relations activities (e.g. monitoring media and online presence, conducting research into best practices, trends, etc.) to enhance outreach strategies in support of strategic goals and business needs.
- Assist in implementation of strategies to align digital assets with marketing/communication objectives.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in stakeholder relations, communications or a related area.
- Completion of a postsecondary degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Communication or a related field - or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certificate in Public Relations or Media Communications, an asset.
- Digital communications and marketing experience
- Bilingualism, an asset
- Proven relationship building skills to support outreach and stakeholder engagement initiatives.
- Experience in the education of consumers and the regulated industry to advance consumer protection awareness and provide advice on the development of program materials for public use.
- Strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex stakeholder relations issues with service, legal or political implications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver strategic messages to key internal and external thought leaders.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing/public education methodologies, trends and leading practices.
- Innovative and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple issues and adapt in a fast- paced environment to meet deadlines and drive collaboration across the organization.
- Knowledge of the key issues impacting the communications environment of the home building and construction sector
- Significant planning and project management skills.
- Effective facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities to develop and build consensus on proposed communications and outreach strategies.