COSTI REQUIRES AN EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT FOR ITS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES, BRAMPTON
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time non-Union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
• Conducts intakes and employability assessments with clients using Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labour market opportunities.
• Obtains and interprets the results of in-depth career and employment assessments of clients using formal assessment tools or external testing resources. Interprets collected data to assist clients in developing their Employment Service Plans utilizing the EOIS system for tracking clients, conducting follow up and recording activities.
• Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Second Career and other training Applications.
• Writes rationales for clients seeking Second Career, Self-Employment Benefit, Job Creation and other training opportunities.
• Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, persons with disabilities, seniors, indigenous, disadvantaged youth and adults.
• Conducts Employer Outreach in order to develop placement opportunities for clients in need of employment placement and where appropriate initiates on the job training financial incentives for the employer(s).
• Follows up with clients, monitors and supports their progress and job retention to ensure their employment service plans are fulfilled.
• Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client
relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
• Coaches and provides clients with pre-employment and post-employment mentoring opportunities.
• Collaborates with Business Liaison regarding employer contacts/labour market conditions and client placement options and to support client job retention.
• Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
• Liaises with community agencies, other youth serving organizations, boards of trade and professional groups for labour market and occupational information as a program resource.
• Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long-term impact.
• Facilitates structured individual, small group and e-counselling workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
• Provides one-on-one assistance in resume/cover letters/interview skills as required.
• Assists with job fairs, employer and special events as needed.
• Assists with networking/special speaker events to support and motivate employed clients and supports career advancement.
• Works collectively within a team to meet contractual targets and deadlines.
• Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience.
• Extensive experience with MAESD's Case Management System (EOIS CaMS) or SaMs, and online employment tools is a must,
• Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom and other social media applications
• WCG Case Flo an asset
• Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of job creation programs, education and training programs and subsidized training programs.
• Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
• Experience in outreaching to youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices' employers and the community.
• Thorough knowledge of job search techniques, strategies, information and resources.
• Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of current computer packages: word, email, internet, access is required.
• Level B Certification in Career Assessment tools is considered an asset.
• Some evenings may be required.
• Car is necessary as frequent travel is required in Peel Region.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!