COSTI REQUIRES A GENERAL COUNSELLOR FOR ITS’ CORVETTI EDUCATION CENTRE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a non-union part-time contract position scheduled to work 28 hours per week. **
• Provides intake and assessment of client needs, barriers and assets in the development of their settlement plan, particularly to refugees and newcomers from the Middle East
• Through a Case Management service model, assists clients with information, referral, documentation, crisis intervention and supportive counselling services.
• Organizes and facilitates one on one and group orientation sessions to newcomers on settlement related topics.
• Provides information and supportive counselling, crises intervention and follow-up services.
• Refers clients to community & social service agencies for additional support.
• Advocates and promotes the programs and services of the agency.
• Liaises with government, community groups, educational institutions and volunteers regarding services for clients.
• Keeps administrative records of services and activities, prepares necessary reports and inputs data using COSTI CISv2 and ICARE databases.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Social Service Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in providing settlement counselling.
• Must have previous experience working with people from the Middle East
• Thorough knowledge of settlement issues facing refugee claimants and new immigrants.
• Sensitive to the needs of newcomers and aware of the social and economic trends of
• Experience in completing immigration and various government application forms
• Demonstrated experience organizing and facilitating orientation sessions.
• Must be able to communicate in Dari, Pashto, or Farsi
• Ability to communicate in Amharic and Tigrinya would be considered an asset
• Demonstrated experience with virtual platforms (Zoom, Google Meet, GoToMeetings)
• Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations.
• Experience in conducting various methods of outreach.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure of heavy caseload and deadlines.
• Sound knowledge of iCARE database, Internet, Email and MS Office in a Windows
• Highly developed organizational skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities independently.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English is required.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!