Job Developers offer Youth between the ages of 15-29 individualized assistance in skills and background assessments, goal setting, interview and job search strategies. The incumbent will assist in employment related documentation preparation and link youth to the labor market. The incumbent will seek employment opportunities, assist employers in hiring and match youth with relevant jobs.
- Plan, organize and lead ECLYPSE’S Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) Program for Peel Youth;
- Outreach and recruit youth in Peel Region;
- Market program to employers and bring them on board;
- Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner;
- Target companies and arrange appointments, conducting face-to-face calls to local businesses as necessary;
- Assist in matching individuals who are unlikely to succeed in conducting their own job search, even with support, due to other barriers to their employment, match the individuals’ skills and interests with work opportunities;
- Set up experiential, or on the job training, for individual participants with employers, including volunteer, job test and hire, work experience and on the job training opportunities;
- Ensure that employers meet all eligibility criteria; conduct site visit per employer prior to placements to confirm a suitable and safe work environment;
- Facilitate in-class or online employment workshops and mock interviews with the participants;
- Report to the Manager of Youth Outreach & Engagement and fulfill other duties as assigned by the Manager;
Monday to Friday
40 hours a week/ 7 hours a day paid and 30 minutes lunch unpaid and two 15 minutes unpaid break (8 hours per day 35 hours a week paid), contract position.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, business, management, education or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years working in a similar position and providing coordination for a program or project, with demonstrated success in setting and achieving program targets;
- Proven skills in sourcing and/or sales and marketing, using a variety of methods, e.g. networking, referrals, recruitment, internet job postings, database searches, showing, promoting and selling products or services, and cold calling;
- Experience working with youth 15-29 years old with chronic unemployment issues;
- Knowledge of the issues that impact youth15-29 years old;
- Ability to assume responsibility and use initiative in order to conduct research, acquire information, secure participants and identify areas for improvement and solutions;
- Must possess proactive critical thinking skills, time management, attention to detail and resourcefulness;
- Able to think ‘outside the box’, where creativity is used to reach goals/targets/problem solving and provide motivational concepts while maintaining the integrity of the program and agency goals;
- Self-directed and results oriented; able to work in a performance-based system with a proven track record and dedication to meeting targets and deadlines;
- Knowledge and understanding of the target groups, labour market information and resources in Region of Peel;
- Ability to establish and sustain a solid working relationship with employers and clients through a commitment of delivering a high level of customer service at all times;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal, written communication and time management skills with great attention to detail and pride in work output;
- Strong one to one coaching skills;
- Possess a clean Driver’s Licence and must have access to a car at all times;
Interested applicants email your cover letter and resume at:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!