TREES - Surrey
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Team Lead is responsible for overseeing this multi-partner, multidisciplinary program that works in close partnership with the Surrey School District. The Team lead oversees the coordination of day-to-day operations of the program, as well as working directly with students. The Team Lead will liaise with partners concerning monthly activity reports, program promotion and other program-related activities. The Team Lead will have a sound understanding of supervision practice, experience leading in an educational environment, and group and individual counselling for youth care. The successful applicant will have the flexibility and skills to support this program and work with the many other programs running out of a large youth centre. They will be able to see the positive contributions of each program to students and other youth accessing the centre. The Team Lead brings their creativity and positive energy to this well-established and very successful alternate school.
• Demonstrates and supports a strong culture of program excellence, where a positive, dynamic, productive and open-minded team environment is created and maintained. Values of fairness, inclusiveness and diversity are fostered.
• Coordinates and facilitates the partnership between PCRS, the Ministry of Children and Family Development and the Surrey School District.
• Creates a learning environment by modelling openness and ability to be self-reflective and encourages others to constantly strive to understand their strengths and learn from trying new things and receiving feedback.
• Coordinates supervision of staff, practicum students, peer mentors, and volunteer placements, etc. Conducts program and position orientation provides regularly scheduled supervision meetings, performance management reviews and performance appraisal documentation; creates an individualized professional development plan with employees and provides growth
opportunities through delegation, feedback, performance reviews, professional training, coaching and mentorship.
• Work with the students to holistically assesses their current situation, including strengths, skills, short- and longer-term goals. Develops individual plans in collaboration with youth to meet individualized needs.
• Works in partnership with the teaching staff of Surrey School District to ensure programming enhances the B.C. Secondary Curriculum as designed.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• M.A. or B.A. in Child and Youth Care or Social Work or a related field plus seven (7) years related experience.
• Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience.
• Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
• Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract with Business Insurance use
• Use of own vehicle with reimbursement
• Standard first-aid certificate and CPR
• Experience working and leading in an alternate school setting
• Experience working in a multi-partnership, multidisciplinary program
• A trauma-Informed approach to practice
• Sexual abuse training, substance abuse/addictions training, learning disabilities training including FASD, ADHD, etc., depression/suicide/mental health/dual diagnostic assessment training
• Solution-focused counselling training, motivational interviewing
• Experience in crisis intervention and de-escalation of violence (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention).
• Manager of Surrey Youth Services, South.
Salary Range: $28.91/hour - $32.01/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer paid)
Closing Date: September 30,2021
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!