Number of Positions: 1
About the Position:
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that vendors and suppliers are paid within Agency’s purchasing policies and procedures and on a timely basis.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Charges expenses to accounts and respective programs by analyzing invoices and expense reports
- Records entries
- Prepares cheques
- Resolves and documents purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Enters invoices in accounting system for payments while ensuring correct approval, coding and matching
- Coordinates with vendors regarding invoicing and payment inquiries and discrepancies
- Reconciles vendor statements and validates terms for payment
- Liaises with suppliers and internal stakeholders to answer routine enquiries and resolve issues affecting payments/receipts
- Assists on projects and assignments and other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting (or equivalent education/experience)
- Minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience in a high volume environment
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (e.g. Excel, Great Plains, YARDI).
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and concurrent tasks
- Ability to understand technical concepts, to act independently and take required initiative to resolve issues
- Clear Criminal Record Check