Permanent, part-time position 15-20 hours per week, including Saturday.
Are you passionate about working with children and families? Do you enjoy working as part of a team in a thriving and inclusive environment? Are creativity, flexibility, and facilitating some of your strengths?
This is an opportunity for you!
Who We Are
Caledon Parent-Child Centre (CPCC) is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides high quality programs for children, parents and caregivers in Caledon and the surrounding areas. The Centre is a hub, offering an important blend of services that strengthen families and assist them in the critical role of raising young children. Services include child development and early learning opportunities, early identification of developmental concerns, referrals to specialized services
and supports, and parenting education.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) is responsible for the planning and delivery of developmentally appropriate programs that meet the needs of parents/caregivers and children from birth to 6 years old while providing emotional support, resources, information, and referrals to enhance the quality of care they provide.
Areas of Responsibility
In this growing organization, you will perform the following tasks:
- Plan and deliver responsive, inquiry-based programs that support learning in all developmental domains based on current best
- Plan and deliver early learning programs and activities both in person (indoor and outdoor), and/or
- Modify early learning activities/adapt program requirements that support equitable participation opportunities for all participants.
- Utilize a variety of facilitation strategies to support parents/caregivers: modelling active listening, observing, appreciative inquiry, demonstrating and
- Provide a welcoming and accessible early learning environment to engage and suit the needs of parents, caregivers, and In-person or virtual.
- Act as Team Leader, on a rotational basis where required, to oversee Family Time at Centre- based and mobile village sites. Team Leader is responsible to organize the daily site- specific schedule for coworkers/students/volunteers, delegate tasks as needed and lead reflective debriefing
- Model effective and positive responses for parent/caregivers to support their children in learning self regulation skills and building
- Evaluate program success and periodically review with Supervisor/Program Manager
- Engage with parents/caregivers to provide evidence-based resources and
- Ensure all programs are safe, appropriate, accessible, culturally sensitive, and inclusive based on equity respect for diversity, safety and security for all inclusive of Francophone and Indigenous parents/caregivers.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain active, cooperative, and effective communication with clients, community members, coworkers, and
- Complete administrative tasks as required (statistics, reports, program evaluations, )
- Drive the Caledon Parent-Child Centre mobile unit (van) when
- Participate in community events, outreach activities and fundraising
Skills & Qualifications
- Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position an asset.
- Experience and comfort in delivering programs and activities and attending meetings on digital and/or social media platforms (Zoom, Skype, Facebook Live, ).
- Experience in developing and implementing emergent programs based on How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early
- Special needs certification an
- Experience in adult workshops and group facilitation an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours including every (Evenings, weekends, split shifts).
- Excellent English verbal, written and presentation Additional languages an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to reliable vehicle is
- Ability to lift up to 25 and travel to our village sites as necessary.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening) is
- Current First Aid and CPR-C certification is
Caledon Parent-Child Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for positions posted. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve and foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, Caledon Parent-Child Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please advise if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
If you are interested in making a meaningful contribution at CPCC, forward a cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 17th, 2021. For more information visit: http://www.cp-cc.org