DESCRIPTION OF TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shelter work: To provide frontline services to Shelter clients which include telephone intake and support services, crisis intervention, psychosocial assessments, supportive counselling and support groups, resources, advocacy work and collaboration with other social services and professionals.
- Outreach and Education: To participate in community projects, external committees, represent the center at events and conferences, participate in research or lobbying initiatives that relate to the ASPF’s clientele.
- Organizational Life: To participate in team meetings, work planning, committees, annual events, and collaborate with volunteers.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Masters in Social Work or related experience
- Experience in working with conjugal violence
- Experience in crisis intervention
- Knowledge and experience working in a strengths based and a trauma-informed approach
- Strong case management skills and experience
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Motivation, empathy, flexibility, organization
- Fluently bilingual in English and French
- Experience working with children
- Ability to communicate in a third language
- Educational background in women’s studies or related field
- Cultural competencies and knowledge of Jewish community and customs
- Start date: As soon as possible
● Starting salary: competitive rate based on education and prior experience
- Benefits: Employees are eligible for a full benefits package including a pension plan and group insurance after 3 months of employment
- Schedule: 3-5 days per week to be determined in discussion with candidate and employer
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE & WHAT WE OFFER
Auberge Shalom is a highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee to reach their full potential. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.