Junior Finance Analyst – Full Time, Permanent
Located in Canada (flexible)
Are you an experienced Finance professional who is looking for fulfilling work in the non-profit sector with supportive colleagues and a flexible work culture? Are you a community inspired individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service to clients?
MakeWay is looking for a Junior Finance Analyst who is detailed-oriented, reliable, responsive and tech savvy. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on financial administration and reporting experience with a variety of systems in a high-energy, interactive, and collaborative environment.
The Junior Finance Analyst, reporting to the Finance Manager, Shared Platform, provides accounting, administrative and finance system supports to the finance team.
MakeWay builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together. We are made up of two legal charitable entities: MakeWay Charitable Society, a shared platform home to over 65 innovative community-led projects staffed by 150 change makers; and MakeWay Foundation where about 70 people are advancing place-based programs that support Indigenous-led solutions and conservation in the North, Pacific, Manitoba, and beyond via grant-making, funder collaboratives and other tools. Our people, projects, and partners are based across the country.
What You’ll Do:
Provide day-to-day accounting and administrative supports to the Finance team, including:
- Coordinate the bi-weekly payroll allocation batches for salary and casual employees
- Enter journal entry adjustments, as required
- Perform weekly quality assurance audits of scheduled financial reports
- Create and regularly update cashflow forecasts for Shared Platform projects
- Support with annual financial audit and compliance filings
- Other financial administrative tasks for the Shared Platform and Foundation, as required
Provide administrative supports for MakeWay’s suite of financial systems, including:
- Develop, modify, and schedule reporting packages for Shared Platform projects
- Perform data management as required, including entry, modification, and cleanup
- Update digital records in accordance with established naming and filing conventions
- Run ad hoc reports in financial systems, as required
- Create and modify payroll allocations for Shared Platform employees
- Provide training to other Finance Shared Platform colleagues
- Identify opportunities for process streamlining and cross-initiative collaboration
- Support ad hoc projects related to the Shared Platform as they arise
Who You Are:
- Collaborative team player: You are able to balance autonomy and collaboration. You are self-motivated and comfortable working virtually with colleagues across Canada.
- Great communicator: You naturally orient towards customer service and can translate complex information into clear and simple language. You are helpful and friendly on the phone, and your emails are clear and informative.
- Highly organized: You are extremely organized, with an ability to anticipate, plan, and deliver exceptional support.
- Detail-oriented: You enjoy getting the administrative details right, anticipating needs, giving timely responses, and ensuring accuracy. You have the proven ability to manage a significant volume of documents and requests.
- Tech-savvy: You have strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and cloud-based systems.
- Adaptable: You are able to manage and prioritize incoming requests, juggle conflicting priorities and deliver multiple assignments, all while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Experience You Bring:
- 1-2 years’ of experience working in an Finance environment with a demonstrated understanding of the creation, preparation and scheduling of financial reports and business processes and systems
- High attention to detail paired with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and learn multiple software systems
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Ability to work independently within a close-knit team environment
It Would be a Bonus if You Have:
- Experience in the charitable/non-profit sector
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP system
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community
- Salary of $44,321 – $50,147 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Flexible work environment with remote working
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay Team.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!