Tenacious, Empowering, Supportive, Humble, and Compassionate
These are Mission Possible’s core values, and we’re looking for someone who also holds these values to join our incredible team as our Exterior Maintenance Manager.
About Mission Possible
Mission Possible is a non-profit organization and social enterprise located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. We support individuals challenged by homelessness, poverty, addiction, mental illness, and other barriers to employment to achieve a renewed sense of dignity and purpose through meaningful work. Through our Employment Readiness Program, and our social enterprises, MP Maintenance & MP Neighbours, we equip our program participants with the skills, confidence, and support they need to rejoin the workforce and rebuild a self-sustaining livelihood for themselves.
Director of Opportunities
- Permanent full time, 40 hrs/wk
- Works with the Assistant Managers to schedule workflow, service delivery, recruitment and training opportunities for permanent staff. (75% of role)
- Generates new business leads, conducts site meetings, pricing and service agreements for customers and a follow-up after service delivery. (25% of role)
- Balances job flow with available resources.
- Demonstrates Mission Possible’s 5 core values.
- Outgoing and performance-driven.
- Leadership is a blend of coaching and sales approaches.
- Proficient on the use of computers and software for accounting, customer service, job delivery and reporting.
- Class 5 driver’s licence with driving experience and clean abstract
- Completion of a background check
- Previous market experience with exterior commercial cleaning, landscape maintenance, site cleanup, graffiti removal and painting.
- Supervise MP Maintenance Assistant Managers (Clean Team, Core Team & Suite Turnover Team)
- Schedule jobs based on customer need and the appropriate staff and resources to accommodate service delivery
- Assist the Director of Opportunities with recruitment to increase capacity based on service requests and planned growth.
- Identify and schedule staff for skill training to support retention and growth
- Identify and follow up with new business lead to increase the customer base
- Create pricing estimates and service agreements for customers
- Follow up with customers after service delivery and as necessary for quality control and satisfaction.
- Attend department and organization meetings to maintain communication, training and support
- Class 5 Driver’s License and a clean drivers’ abstract
- Willing to complete a Criminal Background Check
- Within commuting distance of downtown Vancouver
- Three week's vacation to start
- Employer-paid life and extended health benefits after 90 days
- Employer-paid Employee Family Service Program (EFSP) after 90 days
- RRSP matching after 90 days
- Professional development opportunities
We value, support, and thrive in a diverse and inclusive workplace. Those with diverse abilities are encouraged to apply