The Burnaby Neighbourhood House is a volunteer-driven, community-based social service agency that provides programs and services in response to identified community needs. The Team Lead is responsible for overseeing a targeted afterschool drop-in program developed in an outdoors setting. This is a free-of-cost program aimed at providing extra social/emotional support for participants with barriers. The Team Lead reports directly to the After School Program Coordinator.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
· To promote Neighbourhood House philosophy by ensuring participants have the opportunities to connect across program areas.
· To ensure all policies and procedures, as set by the board, are followed
· To oversee and ensure a quality program for participants, ensuring social, physical, creative, and emotional needs are being met
· To assist supervisor in planning outdoors curriculum while implementing health and safety policies and protocols for Covid-19
· To provide ongoing supervision and support for staff and volunteers
· To assist the coordinator in management of the budget
· To provide initial orientation for new children (group of 18-20 participants)
· To provide monthly statistics as required for agency
· Participate in community dinners and other BNH events as required
· Liaise with school and community staff
· To build positive relationships with participants and provide on-going social/emotional support
· To maintain positive relationships with other groups/programs in the schools
· To build relationships with parents and address concerns or to resolve issues
· Other tasks as required (staff training, evaluations, etc) in cooperation with Director
· Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
· Course work in Recreation Leadership or Child and Youth Care, or completion of a combination of courses, in child development, guidance, health and safety, nutrition and leadership.
· 2-3 years of experience providing care and mature guidance to school-aged children in a daycare or recreational setting
· Experience supervising and supporting staff and volunteers
· Current 1st Aid and CPR certification
· Current criminal record check
· Caring About Food Safety (free online course)
· Anaphylaxis in a Childcare Setting (free online course)
· Documented compliance with BC's immunization and tuberculosis control programs
· Class 4 Driver's License an asset
· Food Safe Level 1 an asset
· 2nd language an asset
Hours of Work:
$19.24/hr. This is a term position. This schedule is 9 hours per week this includes in site shift and planning time. Shifts are from 2:30pm-5:00pm.
-Available from Monday to Friday
-Afterschool program runs according to schools’ schedule, off on winter and spring break.
-The position will continue until the month of June 2022.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!