Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: CC0921
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time Temporary Position (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Range: $50,447-$55,684 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Planning, managing and delivering all program efforts including afterschool club programs (both in person and Virtual) for children and youth specifically in the areas of academic support, physical activity, leadership, arts and culture, and health and nutrition. This club will specifically provide 3 days of in person after school programming to children and youth and 2 days of virtual afterschool programming.
- Managing the daily operations of the Club site, with a focus on the development and advancement of community partnerships and initiatives.
- Working in partnership with the local schools and the community to provide both in person and virtual programming to diverse groups of children and youth.
- Responsibility for a small staff team, providing direct supervision of staff and volunteers, program management and improvement, and partnership development.
- Coordinating and providing leadership, direction and training to all staff and potential volunteers participating in the delivery of programming, ensuring their skills are used to support the range of after school programming options.
- Building relationships with families and providing opportunities for quality outcomes for their children.
- Collecting and submitting program data/information within a customized database for program evaluation and improvement.
- Providing a safe environment by ensuring adherences to workplace safety and health regulations and operating standards are upheld in all programs.
- Supporting staff in following all safety and cleaning protocols set out by AHS and the agency in order to safely run programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree or college diploma in the education, recreation or human services field.
- 2 years of previous supervisory experience and 5 years combined experience in a role involved with diverse child/youth based programming, volunteer management and partnership development.
- Solid knowledge of child and youth development, out of school programming, strength based practice and a mentoring philosophy.
- Proven ability to be approachable, understanding, organized and efficient with excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in the delivery of community programs and extensive knowledge of community collaboration, community resources and services.
- An awareness and understanding of emerging issues facing families in Edmonton.
- Can be counted on to meet and exceed goals and able to get positive results from others.
- Experience entering data into an electronic case management system and experience working with the MS suite of programs.
- Previous experience delivery programming on-line and experience with Google Classrooms is an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work 12:30-8:30 PM Monday to Friday from September to June and shift to day time hours during July and August.
- Ability to facilitate programming in person and virtually.
*In person programming will take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays AND virtual programs on Wednesdays and Fridays*
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.