Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Small Business BC - Canada/BC Services Society Work From Home, Vancouver & Lower Mainland
closes in 33 days (Fri, 29 Oct) full time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full-Time, Permanent, Union Excluded Position
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
Small Business BC is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. Supported by funds from Western Economic Diversification Canada and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation, we celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC. We are searching for an energetic and organized Executive Assistant/Office Manager who will act as the right hand for the CEO and Senior Leadership Team. You are essential to the operations team and will be working closely with the leadership to provide administrative support and ensure smooth, efficient operation of the SBBC office.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager provides high level support to the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors. The role will assist in executing the administrative activities, acts as a liaison and resource to the Board, and assists the overall SBBC team with special projects.
PROJECT DUTIES AND TASKS
1.Acts as main liaison between the executives, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders.
2.Functions as an executive assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and through them, the Board of Directors, with access to confidential and sensitive information.
Attends Board meetings and records, edits, and distributes meeting minutes to appropriate stakeholders
Organizes and coordinates logistics for the Annual General Meeting.
3.Coordinates logistics for meetings and workshops for internal staff, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders;
a. Coordinates meetings and small event logistics such as scheduling, set up, catering, technology testing and materials preparation
b. Coordinates and schedules travel itineraries
c. Books, records, and tracks travel/expenses for the executive team
4. First point of contact for correspondence directed to Senior Leadership Team and responds to request for information.
5.Produces and/or maintains confidential materials such as reports, presentations, memorandums, formal correspondences, and briefing notes, and related documents for the CEO, Senior Leadership Team and the Board.
Produces reports and presentations for distribution to staff and external partners.
6.Responsible for creating, distributing, and archiving staff and leadership team meetings agendas and minutes.
7.Prepared regular task updates to be addressed and dealt with.
8.Coordinates production of Annual Report and contributes to the preparation of the annual audit.
Ensures By-Law updates and related administrative tasks are completed.
9.Supports financial management by processing contracts, invoices, expense sheets, and documents for approval and filing.
10.Assists in preparation of and overseeing the administrative budget.
11.Responsible for tracking inventories, monitoring expenditures, coordinating vendor services (IT, janitorial, etc.) and ordering of equipment, furniture, and supplies.
Oversees office security, maintenance, cleanliness, and liaises with landlord, building management, various trades, and vendors to resolve building maintenance issues. Liaises with sub-tenants to respond to inquiries, manage meeting room reservations/rentals; resolve building-related issues.
12.Creates and maintains efficient electronic and physical filing systems, and maintains board, committee, staff, stakeholder, and contractor contact lists.
13.Performs other related duties as required.
· Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working with high level administrative support and/or in an office environment, coordinating schedules and appointments, writing reports, taking minutes and managing confidential material and information with discretion, tact and diplomacy.
· Excellent attention to detail, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
· Knowledge of how to source information on government regulations and resources.
· Entrepreneurial mindset an asset.
· Ability to handle multiple projects, multi-task and manage time in a high volume, fast paced, demanding environment;
· Motivated self-starter, willing to take initiative, with proven problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
· Strong public speaking/teaching skills and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours when needed and/or work occasional evenings or weekends.
· Familiarity with non-profit sector and knowledge of basic legal principles of business considered an asset.
· Strong customer service acumen and affinity for researching and finding the correct information to provide to clients.
· Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
Paid vacation time and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community!
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://smallbusinessbc.ca/careers/. No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email to discuss your accessibility needs.
How to Apply
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Contact Details Shubhangi Jain, Human Resources Manager
Small Business BC - Canada/BC Services Society, 54 - 601 W. Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC 6046371011
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!