POSITION: Support Worker
Community Case Management & Supervision (CCMS)
FACILITY: Belkin House, Vancouver, BC
JOB No.: 029
The Support Worker, Community Case Management Supervision (CCMS) ensures that the proper supervision and support is given to each CCMS Alternative to Detention (ATD) client as required by The Salvation Army, The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and funding policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to the following)
- Ensures that the CCMS ATD program is operated in accordance with the mission and values of The Salvation Army and the Belkin House, and with applicable contract(s) and or agreements
- Assist, when needed Case Management of clients in accordance with CBSA statement of work
- Assist, when needed the Program Supervisor in providing Case Management of clients including intake, goal setting, support, referrals, networking and other direct services to residents, transitioning and discharges.
- Participating in the conduct of allowable physical searches; maintaining appropriate records of searches and house logs
- Ensuring the safety, security and upkeep of the building and grounds
- Providing statistical and evaluative information to management levels when required
- To recommend policies and procedure changes and additions when needed
- To enforce house rules to residents
- To assist in the logging in and out of CCMS ATD clients; to spot-check, when appropriate or required, resident’s whereabouts and communicate the results of this in the log book
- To do bed checks and security rounds, and to document this in the log book and to communicate regularly with the Program Supervisor, Program Manager and CBSA Liaisons on client concerns
- To pack and inventory client effects
- To assist with properly storing and recording client medications
- To contact the CBSA Liaison when necessary, and to document situation and circumstances in the log book
- Documentation of activities and incidents in all proper locations such as program log book, incident reports as required.
- To properly file all CCMS documents in a secure location
- To establish good working relationships with co-workers, CBSA Officers, police and other emergency personnel
- To intake new clients, in the event of Caseworker absence
- To prepare blank intake document packages
- To attend, as required, case conferences.
- To assist in conducting room searches as necessary
- To provide, as necessary, “wake up calls” for clients
- To assist with distributing funds when necessary
- Develop and encourage a positive community for the clients of the CCMS ATD program to live in
- To develop professionally through attended workshops and courses; to keep informed on trends and concerns within the correctional field
- To maintain confidentially as per policies and all legal requirements
- To demonstrate compassion in the administration of policies and procedures and to support, where and when possible, the efforts of all residents and co-workers. Interactions with all peoples must be respectful, honest, and caring. Assertiveness is not to be construed as aggressiveness and mannerisms must reflect desired behaviour. Employees are expected to take appropriate corrective action and report conditions which may negatively impact the facility’s fundamental values, physical assets and contractual obligations.
- To perform other duties as required
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant (as per funding requirements)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the correctional/forensics field and or other social service field
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in criminology, social services, or other related field.
- Knowledge of addictions and mental health issues
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Current First Aid/CPR and practical knowledge of universal precautions or willingness to be trained.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Mental Health First Aid training or willingness to be trained.
- Obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance (Public Works Canada) and BC Criminal Record Check.
- Security experience an asset.
OTHER CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Successful obtainment of Enhanced Reliability Status Security Clearance
- Successful obtainment of clearance through the Criminal Record Check under the Criminal Records Review Program
- Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
- Possess valid First Aid/CPR certificate or obtain as condition of employment prior to the end of probationary period.
SALARY : Per Collective Agreement
TERMS : Regular Part-time; 16 hours/week
DAYS & TIME : Saturday & Sunday Overnight; 12:00am – 8:00am
NO. OF VACANCIES: 1
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS