Mary’s Meals is delighted to be recruiting for a talented Manager, Operations and Finance, to serve as an integral member of the Mary’s Meals Canada senior leadership team. In this fast paced, newly created role, you will have the opportunity to create real impact in the development and operationalization of Mary’s Meals Canada financial management and organizational strategy.
This is an amazing opportunity for a mission-driven leader with extensive experience of financial and operational management and reporting, to pioneer and architect processes and frameworks to support the exponential growth of Mary’s Meals Canada’s grassroots movement, safeguarding financial stability, sustaining and increasing standards of operational excellence; and maintaining high levels of trust among our supporters. You will empower your team to build and maintain strong systems and processes, ensuring all Canadian based financial reporting requirements are adhered to.
In this varied and challenging role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop and implement the MMC organizational strategy and associated financial planning and budgeting;
- Develop and implement appropriate business systems in support of the strategic plan;
- Oversee the financial control of the organization and all matters relating to income, expenditure, forecasting, audit and risk;
- Ensure the provision of regular and effective management and financial information in support of the board and the leadership team;
- Attract, retain and develop a values driven team, to support MMC strategy;
- To ensure effective and compliant HR policies and systems are in place to guide and inform the organizational development and direction. Including developing a MMC PDR development track
- Implement the global IT, security, and operational policy framework for MMC; and
- Develop the governance of the organization, to ensure compliance with all due diligence needs for grants and oversee the grant process.
With significant senior leadership experience within a growing organization, you will have proven executive leadership (of leading Finance & Operations teams, ideally within the international development sector and will be happy to take a hands-on approach, when required, to support the growth of our movement in Canada. With a strong strategic approach and inspirational leadership style, you will possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively manage organizational change and growth.
Mary’s Meals is a values driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.