- Promote, coordinate, and oversee the activities of Christmas Kettle Campaign volunteers.
- Oversee the operations of the Christmas Kettle campaign including, scheduling of volunteers, counting, reporting, and maintaining records of donations received.
- Recruit kettle volunteers (including individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses).
- Orientation and performance management of kettle volunteers.
- Coordinate the schedule for kettle volunteers and responds to emergency absences, etc.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with kettle locations’ management and employees.
- Coordinate the delivery and pick-up of kettles to/from sites daily, ensuring the security of donations.
- May deliver and pick-up kettles in an emergency situation.
- Host at a kettle as required ensuring necessary coverage for breaks, etc.
- Ensure that kettle locations have adequate supplies of literature etc.
- Post campaign; organize retrieval of all equipment/supplies from various kettle locations.
- Completed High School or equivalent.
- Prior related experience would be a definite asset (i.e. Campaign coordinating/Event, Fundraising experience)
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License, current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Must provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment
- Experience in office administration. Experience with general office equipment and must have strong skills and experience using word processing (WORD); spread sheet use (EXCEL).
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills. Self-motivated/disciplined.
This is a temporary seasonal, full-time position, September 27 to December 24, 2021, based on 40 hours per week. Kettle Campaign normal hours of operation is 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The work schedule will include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts, and split shifts, Monday through Saturday. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break. Flexibility in scheduling is required, as the hours will gradually increase as per the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements.
Normal location of work is at: 355 Church Street, Windsor, ON N9A 7G9.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.