INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING (Job Posting # 2021-109)
TITLE: Community Support Worker
POSITION STATUS: Full Time – Permanent (Non –Union)
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 11am-7pm and some weekends (with flexibility as required)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a provincial leader in the Deaf community. Our mission is to provide care and opportunities in a communication-rich environment that enhances the quality of life of those we serve. We are a highly motivated, collaborative team on a mission to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We take a person centered approach that aims to support and make a positive difference in the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. Our perks include but not limited to robust benefits program (for eligible employees), access to sign language classes, employee rewards & recognition program, comprehensive training and development, internal progression, and an opportunity to give back to the community.
Our Programs support Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind adults some of whom have complex behavioural, developmental and/or mental health diagnoses. This position is responsible for the daily activities of the Supportive Independent Living (SIL-TO)
Program, and will work with the Program Manager and the Toronto team to ensure the highest quality of care and services for everyone we serve.
· Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
· Ensure person-centered quality service, and achievement of program and individual service goals
· Supervise and Administer medications consistent with Organization’s policies & procedures
· Consistently comply with clinical and program plans including daily activity schedule
· Life skills training (hygiene, food shopping, budgeting, transportation, social integration, etc.)
· Behaviour management / One-on-One counselling
· Plan client activities, and training opportunities
· Write and understand daily logs, reports, PDP’s, etc.
· Liaison with family members, connected agencies, and other professionals
· Handling of petty cash
· Match communication levels of clients
· Work successfully in a team-centred environment PLUS work independently in the community in self-directed manner
· Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
· Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
· Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one-self to excellent service
· Utilize community resources & liaise with community members
· Diploma in Human Services related field or three (3) years’ experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
· Knowledge and experience working within the deaf community and fluency in ASL
· Knowledge and experience working with clinical professionals as it relates to mental health and/or behavioural needs
· Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinker
· Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
· Innovation, initiative and integrity
· Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Valid Ontario Full G Driver’s License and clean driving record
· French language/ LSQ an asset
Posting Date: September 7, 2021 Closing Date: September 21, 2021 Start Date: Immediate
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!