- In consultation with the Program Director, assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Report any safety hazards, maintenance problems, equipment, or supply needs to the Program Director.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure that the programs meet contractual and legal, requirements.
- Ensure that all procedures, rules, and guidelines for the safety and security of clients and staff are enforced impartially.
- Develop, administer, and direct The Salvation Army Windsor Centre of Hope residential programs which provide services to men, ages 16 years and up.
- Assist in developing appropriate services for the clients of the Windsor Centre of Hope.
- Ensure that information available to staff/clients regarding community resources is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensure that staff is following appropriate policies with respect to clients requiring medical attention and/or medication.
- Ensure appropriate liaison with outreach/community workers who come into the Windsor Centre of Hope.
- Ensure that program supplies are available
- Develop and implement shift change procedures, logbook documentation and any other tools required for effective communication of overall client services.
- Prepare statistical and operational reports as required by The Salvation Army Windsor Centre of Hope.
- Regularly review and revise, if necessary, the effectiveness of the client intervention/case management system.
- Ensure that shift documentation and client/case management files are properly maintained.
- Human Resources
- Participate in hiring, orientation, and employee development; provide ongoing, consistent coaching, performance feedback, and manage the evaluation of front desk staff, emergency shelter housing worker, residential care worker and frontline shift supervisor.
- Responsible for preparing, posting, and maintaining departmental staff schedules and ensuring staff coverage and replacement for staff absences, approving vacation time, and submitting time sheets to the Administrative Coordinator.
- Ensure that all front desk, emergency shelter housing worker, residential care worker, and frontline shift supervisor have completed the required mandatory training, and is up to date; identify staff training needs to the Program Director.
- Identify job vacancies and follows The Salvation Army Windsor Centre of Hope hiring procedures.
- Understand and comply with Union Collective Agreement.
- Health and Safety
- Responsible to maintain a level of competency and understand Sections 25 and 26 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA).
- Ensure that the measures and procedures prescribed (OH&SA) are carried out in the workplace and that every reasonable precaution is taken for the protection of the worker and workplace.
- Provide advice, make recommendations and improvements, and assist with the development of company policies/guidelines/handbooks as it relates to health and safety.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
Perform other position related duties as required.
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completion of a University Bachelor’s Degree.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License, personal vehicle required and insurance, current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Must provide an original copy of a Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior related experience, including experience in supervision, leadership, and a social services background.
- Experience working with a diverse population, including mental health and addictions.
- Knowledge of community-based resources and experience networking with government and social service agencies.
- Supervisor/management skills and the ability to lead, coach and motivate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required, Word and Excel etc.
- Develop an understanding of the Mission of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Able to work independently and participate as an active and responsible team member.
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment; work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Attentive listening skills for the purpose of supervision, coaching, and conflict resolution.
This is a permanent full-time position. This position is considered a management position for the purposes of the Employment Standards Act of Ontario and as such is not covered by various ESA rules, including but not limited to those related to hours of work, daily and weekly rest periods and overtime compensation. Salary is based on average minimum weekly hours of 40 per week and hours worked are compensated through the annual salary amount. Facility operates 24/7 requiring on-call support on a 24/7 basis, returning to work as required. Required to work on a regular basis weekend and evening shifts to support a busy 24/7 facility. Flexibility is required and as such the hours of work will vary from week to week as per operational requirements.
Travel is associated with this position.
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.