Fraserworks – New Westminster
Term Full Time 8 month Mat leave coverage May 2022) (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
Pacific Community Resources Society is seeking an experienced Job Search Specialist for Youth. The youth specialist delivers comprehensive employment services for youth and youth at risk under the WorkBC contract. Using a strength-based approach, PCRS seeks an adaptable, independent, client-centred, results-oriented individual who is passionate about empowering youth to reach their personal and employment goals. The role of the Youth Job Search Specialist is to assess employment needs, readiness, and eligibility for program interventions and financial supports and work collaboratively with participants to create a mutually agreed-upon action plan outlining the necessary steps needed to achieve their employment goals. In addition, the Job Search Specialist is responsible for understanding the services and eligibility requirements of the WorkBC policy in order to explore all service options available to participants on their caseload. This role allows for ongoing, in-depth employment coaching while monitoring participant progress. As the WorkBC centre supports all people searching for work, it is imperative that the Job Search Specialist demonstrates the ability to support a diverse population and takes the initiative to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for participants and staff.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
- Certification / Degree and experience in employment services or relevant field.
- Coach and mentor youth participants with complex needs.
- Solid comprehension of career development and labour market needs and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow policy language; knowledge of the Employment Insurance Act, Employment Assistance and WorkBC policies.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Criminal record check, including the vulnerable sector.
- M.S. Office and overall computer proficiency, including data administration utilizing complex databases.
- Mental health first aid certification.
- Understanding of poverty, mental health, homelessness and addiction and how these affect youth in particular.
- De-Escalation/Non-Violent Intervention training.
- Occupational First Aid – Level 1.
- Motivational interviewing techniques.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager
Salary Range: $25.71/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: September 24, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS238
“PCRS fosters an environment that ensures a sense of belonging, dignity, and respect. We welcome applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and all abilities.”