TERM: One Year with great opportunity for growth
The Administrator/Cultural Coordinator will provide support services for the North Fraser Métis Community and Board Members. Review and direct enquiries to the appropriate party for resolution. Prepare funding proposals and track documentation related to events and activities of the community. Assist in the organization and maintenance of Board Member’s agenda, meetings, conferences and travel schedules. Coordinate and attend various meetings, community events and document proceedings, including bookkeeping duties under the supervision of the Board Treasurer.
- Minimum Grade 12 plus post-secondary certificate program in Business Administration or Customer Service and 2 plus years of relevant experience; or an equivalent level of education and experience needed to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Current knowledge of how to obtain information, initiate requests for services, and follow up with appropriate contacts on outstanding administrative or office related matters.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools and software: Word, Excel, Quick Books, ZOOM, Teams, Facebook, Internet, Twitter, managing content on a community website.
- Knowledge of the various business lines, programs and offices is required in order to refer community members to the appropriate area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required when reporting to Board Members, contacting members, other communities, Provincial Metis Nation, etc.
POSITION AND CENTRE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability prioritize work to align with the requirements identified by the NFMA Board
- Analyze and direct the flow of information emails, documents and reports
- Respond to enquiries and requests from Board Members and the Community in a timely manner
- Contacting members by phone or email to coordinate membership processes
- Maintain electronic appointment calendar for the Board and Executive
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community
- Flexibility to multi-task and work independently as needed
- Manage to work in an open office environment
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy while performing tasks
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and resources
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Perform other related duties as required
* Preference may be given to qualified candidates of Metis/Indigenous ancestry