Business Unit: Resource Development
Reports to: VP, Resource Development
Term: November 2021 to January 2023 (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Location: Remote and/or Hybrid
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
RHF values diversity in the community and the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, and religion and anyone living at the intersection of these identities.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships works closely with the VP, Resource Development (RD) and is responsible for the development and partial execution of comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate prospects, donors, partners and sponsors.
This position manages the overall Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) corporate partnerships program for RHF.
The Manager, Corporate Partnerships reports to the VP, RD on the day-to-day execution of the corporate partnerships program. This position acts as a liaison with corporate partners and/or prospects, as well as with key stakeholders of the RD department, including consultants, volunteers, Executive Office, Office of Rick Hansen, RHF Program leads and staff.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action
- Works in partnership with the VP, RD to facilitate maximum corporate support for RHF. Includes:
- building and nurturing relationships with all RHF’s corporate partners;
- conducting prospect research, identification and case development of corporate partners; and
- developing strategy for sponsor and partner acquisition, service and retention, including recognition and evaluation programs.
- Works closely with the VP, RD on strategic oversight of business development for Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC), including:
- researching and identifying key influencers and champions who can assist with RHFAC business development;
- supporting business development monthly meetings;
- assisting with reporting on progress to executive committee and board on a quarterly basis; and
- tracking progress and reports generated through Salesforce.
- Works closely with VP, RD on furthering supplier relationships and encouraging value in-kind and in-kind support/contributions;
- Manages the corporate portfolio, in collaboration with the VP, RD. Implements a strategic Corporate partner engagement matrix to plan, track and facilitate meetings for the purposes of discovery, cultivation and solicitation;
- Manages all aspects of partner branding in collaboration with Marketing and Communications and RHF program leads;
- Acts as RD representative in the development of donor/partner focused communications, including, but not limited, to the Annual Report, ads, stewardship report and proposal templates, and web and social media content;
- Collaborates with Community Giving and Marketing and Communications on corporate employee engagement programs;
- Markets RHF’s programs to corporate customers;
- Represents RHF at meetings and functions with community, corporate, government, fundraising and public organizations;
- Contributes to corporate plans, budgets and timelines related to the RD strategic and action plans;
- Develops correspondence and materials for corporate relationships including briefing notes, meeting materials, letters of agreement, legal agreements, stewardship reports and proposals;
- Manages and tracks relationships, proposals and reports, contributing to event invitation lists;
- Writes reports on corporate prospects for Executives and Board of Directors;
- Collects and records debriefs, ensuring action items are tracked and addressed as needed;
- Works on special projects as required; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: University degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in developing and implementing successful, multi-dimensional corporate programs in an organization that requires extensive financial support from the corporate sector;
- Minimum 2 years of marketing/sponsorship experience using corporate sponsorship and marketing principles/practices;
- Computer experience required. Salesforce experience an asset; and
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and exposure to issues surrounding disabilities.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop credibility and effective working relationships with staff, partners and other stakeholders;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and planning sills;
- Ability to influence and persuade others;
- Ability to effectively coordinate and multi-task on a variety of projects;
- Project/program management and development skills;
- Ability to meet critical deadlines, exercise judgement, tact, discretion and diplomacy; and
- Ability to keep abreast of new developments and initiatives at a department and organizational level.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.