The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Conducting volunteer enrollment for all agency programs including interviewing, assessing, recommending and supporting volunteers through the process to ensure they find an appropriate volunteer opportunity.
- Providing information for volunteers to learn about the variety of agency programs available and ensure the placement of volunteer coincides with programming needs.
- Completing reference calls, on-line bookings, interviews, and documenting recommendations and reasons for the program choice.
- Choosing positive role models to be matched to children and youth.
- Conducting training sessions with volunteers related to program guidelines and expectations.
- Maintaining electronic casework notes, and other required reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
- A diploma or degree in a related human service field with a focus on coursework that includes volunteer management, human resources, social work, human ecology or similar field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ combined experience in a role involved with volunteers and/or employees, case management and/or volunteer management.
- Solid understanding of child and youth issues and how healthy adults can make a difference.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to manage time effectively and be results oriented.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making.
- Experience working with volunteers and an understanding of volunteer engagement.
- The ability to train groups of adults and previous experience public speaking is an asset.
- Good presentation skills. Public Speaking an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.