The College of Optometrists of Ontario is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant (General) position.
About the Role
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is seeking a full-time permanent Administrative Assistant to open and scan mail, field incoming calls, and provide general office administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing and filing office supplies;
- Assisting with mail/courier management, including receiving, recording and distributing as well as preparing mail-outs as required;
- Opening, date stamping, and scanning incoming mail twice per week during COVID-19;
- Providing general office support by phone, in-person, and by e-mail;
- Maintaining member records and database management;
- Catering/meeting support, including set-up and clearing;
- Working collaboratively with other administrative staff members to prioritize tasks as necessary;
- Interacting respectfully and helpfully with other College staff, volunteers, professional members, the public, and vendors; and
- Support to other program areas, as required.
- Excellent customer service/public interaction experience.
- Experience with data entry and production of reports using database software (experience with iMIS would be an asset).
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Mail Merge, PowerPoint).
- Work experience in a healthcare environment and/or regulatory organization would be an asset.
- Living proximity to the College would be an asset.
- Customer-focused with excellent telephone manner, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to switch from one task to another with ease and grace.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, to prioritize and manage different and varied tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information using discretion, professionalism and good judgment.
More about the College
We are a small, professional team that promotes collaboration and work-life balance. The College is located in the St. Clair Ave. and Yonge St. area near the subway system. Our staff is currently working remotely.