COSTI REQUIRES AN ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT FOR ITS eLEARNING PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement,
employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI,
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time union position scheduled to work 25 hours per week;
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p m.; Tuesday and Thursday. 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to eLearning Program which include but not limited to online LINC and ELT.
- Handles student and client inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email, social media, virtual meetings and other online tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
- Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical and narrative reports.
- Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of students.
- Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online and in hard copies where needed.
- Liaises with assessment centres for client intake assessment and placement.
- Communicates with Welcome Centre and community partners for client referrals.
- Responsible for client registration and intake, online and in person.
- Supports new clients’ and staff’s access to eLearning tools (e.g. virtual conferencing, Learning Management System, learning and instructional applications, etc.) and sets up user accounts, Prepares clients for attendance in virtual classes.
- Collects and inputs client data into iCARE, CLARS, CIS and Welcome Centre systems.
- Prepares and distributes materials for program outreach via multiple media including web postings and social media. Reviews and updates program information on the web.
- Orders program supplies as required and prepares electronic purchase requests.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
- Performs other administrative duties as required.
- Prepares and verifies petty cash and course deposit statements for manager.
- Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required.
- Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet.
- Working knowledge of eLearning tools and applications, e.g. Moodle, Google Classroom, digital whiteboard, etc.
- Experience using virtual interactive tools such as MS Teams, Zoom, or Go-to-Meeting, Google Apps, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Internet email and social media, e.g. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- High school graduation or equivalent and 1 year office experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
- Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
- Ability to speak second language rather than English is an asset.
- Knowledge of iCARE, CIS or CLARS would be an asset.
- Access to a car
This position works both remotely online and in person in the designated location. Occasional travels to the other service locations in the GTA are required to provide in-person support to clients when needed.