As a Job Developer, you will take on a central role that supports Frontlines’ goal in supporting youth 18-29 in a new and innovative program called FEET- Future Employment or Entrepreneurship Track while supporting businesses in their business hiring needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively recruits employers and seeks out job placement opportunities, including identifying and contacting new prospective employers in industries/labor market that members have identified as area of interest. Develops and monitors training plan and agreements with member and employer. Acts as a liaison between member and employer.
- Assist in the preparation of youth’s resumes
- Conducts ongoing research of and outreach to employers, community resources and programs.
- Responsible for communicating members’ level of risk to staff.
- Provides documentation and handles confidential data in accordance with Frontlines and funder’s standards. Participates in the compilation of internal and external reports and statistical data. Quality assurance with respect to assigned tasks to ensure compliance with program standards.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Children's Aid Society.
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealings with members, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years related experience including sales/marketing, file management, recruitment and job coaching
- Access to a motor vehicle is required for this position, as extensive travel within the Region is required
- Able to provide excellent service delivery
- Must be results-oriented, able to motivate and inspire self and others
- Well developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location
- University Degree preferred or Community College Diploma in Career Planning, Business, Human Resources Management, Social Services, and/or related fields
Conditions of Employment:
The successful candidate must provide a police reference check clearance (vulnerable sector)