Position Purpose summary:
The Christmas Kettle Campaign Coordinator ensures the smooth day-to-day operation of the Kettle Campaign, maximizing donations and coordinating kettle coverage.
Oversee the operations of the Christmas Kettle campaign including: orientation and performance management of kettle workers, scheduling of volunteers/workers
- Responsible as a group work leader, provides direction and checking results and overseeing the activities of Christmas Kettle Campaign volunteers/workers
- Will participate in recruitment of kettle volunteers/workers
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with kettle sites
- Arranges the delivery and pick-up of kettles to/from sites daily when needed, ensuring the security of donations.
- Hosts or arranges for someone to host at a kettle as required ensuring necessary coverage for breaks, etc.
- Ensure that kettle locations have adequate supplies of literature etc.
- Addressing conflicts/issues as they arise
- Post campaign; retrieve all equipment/supplies from various kettle locations.
- Represent The Salvation Army in a positive, professional manner.
Other duties as assigned.
- Working environment is typically an office environment.
- Travel within city may be required.
- This is a temporary position, September 20 to December 24, 2021. Weekly schedule will start at 8:30am to 4:00pm for 35 hours per week. (Hours of work and work schedule may vary as per the operational requirements (8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.). Flexibility in work schedule is required, as work hours will gradually increase to meet the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements Kettle campaign begins November 12, 2021. Shifts will include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts and split shifts, Monday through Saturday}
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Criminal Record Check required
- Driver’s Abstract required
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in office administration, with general office equipment, and strong working skills and experience using MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful office setting
- Support for and an understanding of the mission and the purpose of The Salvation Army
Note: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds may be required.
- Providing direction and checking to staff/volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills required, must be self-motivated
- Prior kettle experience or equivalent would be a definite asset