· Works with the Community Ministries Coordinator to assist in the organization and implementation of Family Services Programs (i.e. Adopt-A-Family, Food Bank, etc.) – HEAVY LIFTING REQUIRED.
· May receive (and/or decline) and sorts/organizes non-monetary donations.
· Deal with clients in a caring and compassionate manner, treating them with respect and dignity.
· Maintains confidentiality and keeps accurate client files and statistical records.
· Maintains accurate reporting and documentation of Link2Feed database.
· Awareness and compliance with policies and procedures.
· May be required to support other Salvation Army Staff in other departments at the direction of Management.
· A team player; ability to work in a compassionate, respectful and non-judgemental manner
· Has responsibility for the wise use of his/her own resources.
· Fast paced environment with frequent task changes.
· Other duties as required.
· Work environment is generally agreeable however may at times become stressful and require work with angry and abusive individuals.
· May conduct client intake assessments
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· Completion of High School
· Completion of a Secondary School Diploma is an asset or additional specialized training of six (6) months.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
· 1-3 years of prior related experience an asset; which may include issues of homelessness, mental health, unemployment, abuse, addiction, parenting and/or marriage.
· Able to lift more up to 50 pounds - The performance of the job requires a moderate amount of loading/unloading the vehicles, sorting donated goods, packing of food bags. Repetitive lifting/ packing.
· Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
· Acceptable Criminal Record Check
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
DAYS and HOURS of work:
HOURS: 35 hours weekly (Must be flexible – the majority of the hours will be Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 4pm, but occasionally weekends and evenings will be required due to various programs that we run in preparation for Christmas)
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!