Manager, Project Welcome Job ID #110
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting 1st Oct 2021 / Keele & Finch
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector. Our mission is to enable people to maximize their potential at work and school. Our employees benefit from competitive salaries, a friendly work environment and opportunities for continuous learning. JVS Toronto also offers a generous vacation package, group benefits and pension plans in addition to paid sick time, family care and wellness days, monthly wellness initiatives, access to an employee assistance program (EAP) and a variety of corporate discounts. Learn about the work we do: www.jvstoronto.org
Project Welcome is a national online project newly funded by Immigration Refugees Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The goal of the project is to connect internationally educated professionals immigrating to Canada to smaller communities in Canada through pre-arrival online mentoring. JVS Toronto will partner with local community organizations to increase employer involvement in attracting immigrant talent to smaller communities in Canada by leveraging our existing online mentoring platform to deliver mentoring connections.
We currently provide support to the pre-arrival immigrating community through successful programs like Canada InfoNet which delivers online pre-arrival services. This position will lead the new project and act as the agency’s key liaison for maintaining relationships with partner organizations.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and oversee a strategy for engagement of new and existing partners and negotiate partnership agreements. Build on existing relationships and ensure all program targets are met
- Work with technology team to enhance and expand existing mentoring platform ensure it is customized to meet the needs of all project partners and enable successful mentoring connections
- Develop a marketing and outreach plan to recruit participants for the project. Work closely with internal and external partners to implement the plan.
- Implement and manage new initiatives in order to grow and improve services and plan for sustainability of the project
- Create evaluation framework for the project to track and measure progress. Analyze results and stakeholder inputs to drive improvements within the project
- Work closely with partners from across Canada to ensure project is implemented successfully. Ensure they are trained and supported regarding the mentoring model and platform
- Develop online content for Learning Management System by collaborating with partners to educate participants about opportunities in smaller communities in Canada
- Track, monitor and support partner agency deliverables to ensure project goals are met
- Prepare annual budgets and monitor program expenditures as well as ensure that accurate and timely records, statistics and reports are submitted
- Provide direct leadership and management to project staff and partners and ensure smooth operation of the project
- Be actively involved in all other program activities integral to program success
- Support proposal development for pre-arrival and other newcomer services
- Work closely with senior management to build and implement effective newcomer program strategies
- Actively collaborate with other newcomer programs to ensure direct linkages between pre and post arrival services. Support other newcomer programs as needed
Flexible hours / evenings/ weekends may be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant university education and 1-3 years of management experience with background and awareness of immigration, mentoring, employment or settlement especially in small communities in Canada
- Skilled in leading staff teams, evaluation, financial management, and service coordination and have a background in the delivery of online services
- Strong technical skills, comfortable with online service delivery and finding technological solutions for various activities of the program
- Experience being part of technology projects - building new tools and platforms. Ability to understand and find ways to troubleshoot technical issues
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to develop new partners and engage them for successful project implementation
- Dynamic, solutions-focused and service-oriented, excellent project management and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills along with high comfort level working with online databases and tools are required
- Exposure to digital marketing, social media platforms and ability to create online content
- Some exposure and experience with Learning Management Systems and building online learning content
- Comfortable with public speaking, experience hosting webinars and delivering information sessions online
- The successful candidate works well without supervision within a team environment and can work with multiple levels of management.
- Some travel is required, as is a valid Police Clearance letter.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and covering letter Here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.