Are you looking for an inviting and exciting career opportunity? Do you have a passion for information systems, analysis, collaboration and making a difference? Do you want to be part of a team that is embarking on Digital Transformation in the non-profit sector? If the answer is “Yes”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for a temporary, two-year, Full-Time, 40 hour per week IT Manager - Business Solutions, located in Edmonton, Alberta. This temporary position is being created to backfill the current incumbent while they project manage a significant Digital Transformation initiative in the Agency. There is a strong possibility of extension once the Digital Transformation Business Case and Roadmap is completed in early 2022.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
The Agency identifies and responds to community needs by serving individuals through a variety of services and programs and operates throughout central Alberta within the defined area of the Archdiocese of Edmonton. The Agency operates with a combination of public and private funding, and has an annual budget of more than $96 million.
Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Services and Innovation, the Manager – Business Solutions is responsible for working across the Agency to optimize business processes and align technology solutions to the needs of the business. The role leads the application management in the day-to-day operations, upgrades and evaluation of our implemented Agency technology. It also manages various technology projects and ensures change management supports are implemented as part of the project. The successful candidate must ensure all Agency business requirements are gathered and needs are effectively managed through the planning, and delivery of all project components such as scope, budget, time lines, quality, and resources. This position will also focus on enhancing the Digital Services and Innovation department’s capability in data governance and business intelligence. The ability to be agile, adapt to change and competing priorities, solve complex problems, and drive for results will be key to success in this role. The incumbent will lead a small team and must be willing to roll up their sleeves and do some of the hands-on work required.
- Support business related activities by managing day to day work and projects focused on sustaining and enhancing our technology systems, as well as optimizing technology usage.
- Manage project activities related to application solutions currently used by the Agency such as Great Plains Dynamics, Kronos, and ShareVision, as well as new system implementation. This could include:
- New system implementation
- Enhancements to current systems
- Data management throughout the systems
- Integrations across systems.
- Development and maintenance of low code applications using Microsoft Power Apps
- Regularly liaise with Project Sponsors and key stakeholders to provide project status, issues and risk and throughout the project to manage change.
- Chair three monthly IT Governance committees and engage with stakeholders to understand needs across the Agency.
- Monitor and make decisions on project scope, budget, time lines, resourcing within predefined thresholds.
- Responsible for preparing detailed project charters, business cases, reporting, budget material, briefing notes and administration materials that define/recommend direction; identify issues, minimize business risks and allow for successful implementation of new projects or enhancement to technology systems and overall operations.
- Ensures all project phases are thoroughly completed and documented; including requirements gathering, system fit-gap, system and process design, development of specifications, system testing, user training and go-live activities.
- Ensure alignment to project management best practices and lead, coach, mentor, and develop project SMEs and team in project management best practices.
- Design processes and implement programs that are in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements, Agency policies and procedures and funder requirements.
- Report on the achievement of the expected benefits. Through value management issues such as the consistency of the alignment of a proposal with Agency objectives can be identified, performance metrics established and risk mitigation requirements identified.
- Design, implement and enforce the policies, procedures and best practices related to applications and processes.
- Manage application technology procurement process and lead vendor management
- Manage the procurement process where required. This may include but is not limited to development and execution of Technology Investment Requests, Requests for Information, Request for Proposals, Evaluation Guides, Proposals, Contract Management.
- Day to Day Management of Vendors throughout the duration of the project (contract signing to warranty).
- Facilitate system integration by liaising with the Vendor, and IT Infrastructure team.
- Actively lead and supervise a diverse team
- Coach and motivate staff to high levels of performance, promoting continuous improvement and ensuring reputation of excellence in service.
- Ensure staff have the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to perform their jobs effectively and with satisfaction by identifying ongoing technical, personal development training, and coaching for staff that is aligned with competencies and technical expertise required.
- Ensure all staff are fully informed of expectations.
- Lead the performance management of employees, including evaluating performance and delivering feedback.
- Manage change management and communications
- Create change management and communication plans for all projects.
- Engage stakeholders in understanding the implications of a change in their area, assess readiness for change and develop change plans specific to their needs.
- Lead change activities.
- Assist in sustaining and measuring the success of changes.
- University Degree or college diploma in commerce, business administration, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Project Management certification or designation is desirable.
- Change Management certification or designation is desirable.
- 10 years’ of experience in business process and technology management · Project management skills including the development of strategic plans, business cases, and project charters.
- Ability to discuss complex technical and qualitative issues with a wide range of stakeholders including senior leaders, managers, and staff at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of software development cycles and methodologies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to facilitate large group discussions, effectively manage communications and change, and influence without authority.
- Ability and skills in establishing and maintaining effective relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze problems, make decisions and formulate recommendations, as well as being able to communicate those effectively to senior leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Proven supervisory skills such as leading a high performing team, coaching and performance management.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong business management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to develop teams
- Must have very good problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Strong command of project management principles, procedures and best practices
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of software development and IT governance frameworks such as COBIT and ITIL
- Strong Microsoft skills including Sharepoint architecture and design and Power Apps development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Consultation and engagement skills
- Be flexible to different communication styles and needs
- Relationship building
- Works well under pressure and meets, or exceeds, deadlines
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers to competition number 2359
Closing date for Applications: September 27, 2021
A Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search and Intervention Record Check are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.