Position Purpose summary:
The Driver provides pick-up and delivery services to donors, clients & customers by exercising safe and careful driving and material handling procedures.
The Loading Dock Worker assists with the efficient and effective reclamation, processing, and distribution of goods under the direction of Shipping & Receiving Supervisor. The incumbent may give logistical support to The Salvation Army Family Services offices.
Qualifications and Education requirements:
*NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
· The successful job applicant will have completed High School, plus specialized courses of up to six (6) months.
· Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a satisfactory ICBC Driver’s Abstract
· Current certification in First Aid/CPR (or willing to be trained)
· Criminal Record Review Program clearance
· Ability to work with individuals with a diverse background.
· Must be agile and be able to sit for long periods of time
· Must be highly aware of safety awareness and procedures involving commercial vehicles
· Forklift license preferred or willing to obtain one
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a non-judgemental attitude, as well as possess and exercise good interpersonal relationship skills by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, visitors and volunteers.
· Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills, effective listening skills, and organizational skills
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
· A valid Class 5 (or higher) BC Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract
HOURS: Mon-Fri, 6.45am – 1pm.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!