Are you passionate about working with families, while making a difference in your community?
Alexandra Neighbourhood House has an opportunity for an experienced and resourceful Family Support Worker.
This is a part-time position at 14 hours/week in Surrey/White Rock.
- Provide individual support to families with children ages 0-13 to promote healthier family functioning. Use a strengths-based perspective and attachment-based approach to provide:
- parenting support and coaching
- skill building and strategies
- community resources and connections
- Facilitate parent education groups and workshops for parents/caregivers with children ages 6-12 and youth ages 13-18, online and/or in-person.
- Develop curriculum for workshops for parents/caregivers of youth.
- Connect with schools and in community to provide program information and connect with families, in consultation with supervisor.
- Work collaboratively with MCFD, CYMH and community partners in support of families.
- Provide parent-teen mediation and conflict resolution, as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma or Degree in related field – such as Social Work, Child & Youth Care, Psychology - or a combination of experience and education
- At least 2 years experience providing effective 1-1 support to families with complex needs and diverse experiences
- Group facilitation experience
- Knowledge and experience in trauma-informed practice, child development, family dynamics, system navigation, mental health, and community resources
- Training or certification in parent education programs such as Circle of Security, Connect Parent Group, My Tween and Me, is an asset
- Able to work effectively independently and in collaboration with a team. Daytime and evening availability may be required.
- Personal vehicle with business use coverage is required
- Proficiency in a second language, such as Mandarin, would be an asset
Position Information: This position is on Band 7 of the ANHBC Salary Grid, starting at $22.20-$23.97/hour, depending upon qualifications and experience. This is a 1-year term position that includes sick leave and 6% vacation in lieu.
ANHBC/Alexandra Neighbourhood House is an equal opportunity employer.
We place a high value on diversity, and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position.