Burnaby-Edmonds WorkBC Centre location
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) and the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women by the Great Place to Work® Institute. With over 40 years of experience, we’re one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a client-centered and results-oriented individual with a team-player attitude who is passionate about helping clients to reach their employment goals in the role of Employment Counsellor. This position will work out of the Burnaby-Edmonds WorkBC Centre location.
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise Services
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Employment Counsellor, you will deliver comprehensive career development services for all clients seeking occupational, certification, career development, career planning, training, and academic upgrading assistance. This position supports a full range of WorkBC employment services. In the role of Employment Counsellor, you will mitigate any barriers to employment and implement an appropriate course of action based on your clients’ needs. Although the primary duties described outline the core work, adaptability to meeting other service needs as they emerge will be required.
· Assess potential clients’ program eligibility for the WorkBC program and refer ineligible clients to other appropriate community resources
· Interview clients and conduct a needs assessment (CNA) to determine work experience, educational background, career goals, job readiness, interests, abilities and aptitudes
· Identify clients’ barriers to employment and make appropriate recommendations i.e. certification, vocational training
· Maintain an excellent working knowledge of local labour market trends, community resources, the needs of job seekers and employers, and effective ways to bridge their respective needs
• A post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in a relevant field (human resources management, career development, counselling, social work, psychology, adult education), or completion of course work in related fields, or 2 or more years of demonstrated experience in:
o Working with individuals with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
o Job coaching, counselling, or mentoring clients
o Conducting and interpreting clients’ needs assessments
o Implementing action plans and monitoring progress to help clients achieve sustainable employment
o Providing excellent customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment
o Building partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Able to build rapport with clients
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Teams, database software, and able to operate standard office equipment
• Excellent problem-solving, collaboration and organizational skills
• Tactful, discrete, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgement
• Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset
• Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset
· Experience with Integrated Case Management (ICM) system will be considered an asset
This is a full-time position
Annual salary based on experience and qualifications
A competitive benefits package is offered with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Employment Counsellor, Burnaby-Edmonds WorkBC Centre location.”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally be permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
September 30th 2021
September 14, 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!