English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor,
MOSAIC Engage Language Centre,
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees), the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women and 2021 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking 3 self-motivated ESL instructors to teach either Beginner, Intermediate or Business English in the evenings at our MOSAIC Engage Language Centre.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise
· Plan lessons and facilitate fee-for-service classes for a diverse clientele that can include visitors, temporary foreign workers, and citizens.
· Prepare learning objectives and lesson plans to teach adult ESL based on students’ needs and language curriculum.
· Deliver student-centered lessons consistent with the Language program mandate, using the CLB to inform planning.
· Create a welcoming and encouraging classroom environment both in person and online as appropriate.
· Manage students in the online Moodle course and ensure students fully access the online course.
· Augment the core online course by designing relevant online activities and uploading them to the Moodle course.
· Assess and evaluate students using a variety of assessment tools.
· Maintain student attendance records and other administrative duties.
· Recognized undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized TESL certificate or a clearly documented equivalent.
· Competent degree of computer literacy using e-mail, word processing programs, and learner management systems. Experience facilitating online learning environments is an asset.
· At least 2 years of experience teaching adult ESL, particularly using student-centered, participatory methods. Community-based, settlement and Beginner level experience is an asset.
· Highly organized, tactful, versatile, and flexible with excellent communication skills; sensitive to and understanding of the needs of adult immigrant learners; attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC.
8.5 hours per week (6hrs instruction, 1.5hrs prep, 1hr asynchronous)
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6:30pm-8:30pm
$28.47 – $32.74 per hour, based on experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – ESL Instructor, Engage”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
206-2555 Commercial Drive
BC V5N 4C1
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
October 4th 2021
September 14th 2021
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!