The successful candidate can expect to spend approximately 80% of time in direct service delivery and support and
20% of their time on administrative tasks such as scheduling, reporting and evaluation and other duties as
Coaching and support the staff team to provide quality YMCA Recreation Services
• Develops program staff and volunteers through coaching and side by side support.
• Liaison to resolve challenges between staff, volunteers and participants.
• Ensure staff development plans are followed and monitored with specific measurements of success.
• Coordinates with Manager to evaluate services on an ongoing basis, respond to emerging needs, and
foster a culture of continuous improvement.
• Report on statistics as required or requested.
• Supports communication pieces as required.
• Understands supports and actively participates in YMCA philanthropic initiatives.
• Supports the delivery of processes and strategies that will increase the depth of involvement of each
Ensuring YMCA programs and experiences are safe.
• Is responsible for the safety and security of members/participants.
• Maintain current qualifications as required by this position and follow the YMCA policies and
Qualifications • ECE Certification or an ECEa Certification will be considered an asset.
• Experience related to supervising and coaching staff would be an asset.
• Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
• Current YMCA certification in Healthy Child Development is an asset.
• Additional qualifications such as YMCA Trainer and/or Trainer Educator certification, Child Care
Certifications, Coaching Certificates, or experience are considered an asset.
• Current first aid and CPR certification.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!