Reporting to the Centre Manager and working under the supervision of
the Child Minding Supervisor, the successful candidate will be
responsible for the temporary care of children ages 3 months to 8years.
Working with volunteers, you will be responsible for the care, safety
and well-being of multiple children at one time.
You will be required to display an understanding of the healthy
development of children in this age group and to clearly communicate
with children and their parents in a positive, caring and respectful
manner. You are an efficient, highly organized, detail orientated, multitasker looking to work in a fast-paced environment.
Prince George Family YMCA
What you will
Health, Fitness, and Aquatics
P.O. Box 1808, 2020 Massey Drive, Prince George, BC V2L 4V7 | 250 562 9341 | nbc.ymca.ca
The successful candidate will be able to relate well to children, youth and adults in a positive, caring and
respectful manner. This position requires a strong understanding of the Early Years (0-6 years of age) and Early
Childhood Educator experience and education is an asset.
Ensuring YMCA experiences are friendly and welcoming
• Work with children and families who access the facility
• Provide excellent customer service to parents and children
• Provide high quality care for children accessing childminding including feeding and changing
• Communicate with parents regarding the care of their child
Build positive relationships that encourage participant’s growth and development
• Support children’s development through play and activities
• Use appropriate communication to encourage children and re-direct asrequired
Ensuring YMCA programs and experiences are safe
• Is responsible for the safety and security of members/participants
• Work as a team to coordinate safe practice and supervision of children
• Maintain current qualifications as required by this position and follow the YMCA policies andpractices
Attends staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
Other related duties as directed by supervisor.
• Experience working with children ages 0-6 years
• Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
• Current first aid and CPR certification
• Child care Emergency First Aid is an asset
• Additional education and training in Early Childhood Education is an asset
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!