Drive Happiness Seniors Association is a registered, non-profit society whose mission is to assist health and mobility challenged older adults to remain independent in their own homes through low-cost assisted transportation services provided by volunteer drivers. We currently service various regions throughout Alberta with the Greater Edmonton Area being our biggest service area.
Drive Happiness is currently looking for a full-time Volunteer Coordinator to help support our growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will take the lead on volunteer recruitment initiatives, screening, onboarding, and volunteer management. This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic group of individuals and make a difference in the lives of seniors in Alberta.
The ideal candidate has experience in volunteer recruitment, management and retention.
The Volunteer Coordinator performs the following duties:
Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
- Proactively recruit volunteers
- Investigate and implement innovative marketing and communications ideas to attract volunteers
- Attend fairs and trade shoes to recruit drivers
- Plan appreciation events for volunteers
- Communicate regularly with volunteers
- Troubleshoot any issues with volunteers and take appropriate action
- Prepare regular volunteer expense reimbursements
- Assists the dispatch staff with booking rides and looking for scheduling efficiencies
- Schedules volunteer drivers as per availability of drivers without computer access
Maintains accurate account information in database
- Trains volunteers on the use of database software
- Creates and updates account information on members and drivers
- Troubleshoots database issues for volunteers as required
- Ensures data integrity for statistical reports
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field such as Human Services, Human Ecology, Communications, or relevant disciplines is considered an asset.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel to various service areas.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of Edmonton and surrounding communities
- Knowledge of volunteer management
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of transportation options in Edmonton and the surrounding area
- Knowledge of seniors with health or mobility challenges
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office software, strong knowledge of MS-Word & MS-Excel
- Google Map, Internet research
- Database management
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- 1-2 years related experience and/or a combination of education and work experience.
- Previous work with volunteers is required
- Previous work with seniors would be considered an asset
- This position will require the Volunteer Coordinator to travel throughout Drive Happiness service areas.
- The Volunteer Coordinator may be required to work some evenings and weekends for program support and events and if required, a flex schedule will be accommodated.