Employment Services Advisor,
Vancouver & Remote Locations
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) and the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women by the Great Place to Work® Institute. We are one of Canada’s largest settlement organizations with 45 years of experience engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking an enthusiastic, client-centered, and results-oriented individual to fill the role of an Employment Services Advisor.
Employment Services Advisor
Employment, Language, and Social Enterprise Services
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Employment Services Advisor, you will provide a wide range of services including intake, employment counselling, facilitation, and marketing. The Employment Services Advisor is responsible for maintaining an excellent working relationship with clients and employers.
· Responsible for direct engagement with participants, referring partners and employer internship hosts
· Communicate project objectives, eligibility, qualities of a good internship placement, and benefits of the internship to employers
· Screen and intake potential internship placement employers; onboard internship employers and enter information in database
· Identify and contact potential employers using MOSAIC’s extensive list of employers and network in the community
· Respond to potential employers who respond to the marketing and outreach activities, as well as to those referred by community partners
· Conduct information sessions on-line and in-person when public health guidelines allow
· Identify and contact potential participants through existing client lists and extensive referral network in the community
· Screen potential participants based on eligibility criteria outlined in contract
· Effectively communicate project objectives, eligibility, and benefits of the internship to potential participants
· Maintain and provide regular statistics on participant progress
· Maintain client files to proper standards
· Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in adult education, counselling, psychology, social work, human services, ESL studies, or a combination of coursework and experience
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to adjust approach to meet the requirements of the program
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills; comfortable with facilitation and public speaking
• One to two years of experience providing assessment, employment counselling, facilitation, and providing referral services to professional and non-professional clients
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Teams, database software, and the ability to operate standard office equipment
• Tactful, discreet, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgement in decision-making
• Strong knowledge of employment programs and services, online delivery and adult learning methodologies, and local labour market conditions
• Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset
· Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset
This is a full-time position
Annual salary commensurate with the level experience and qualifications.
We offer a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Employment Services Advisor, Internship Program”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!