Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Child Care Services, the Recruitment Manager is motivated, thinks creatively, plans, and implements actions, builds community connection and is a result driven member of the leadership team with a can-do attitude. This out of the box thinker is driven to develop new and creative ways to recruit staff to the child care profession. The Manager of Recruitment is responsible for recruitment and hiring for a variety of positions for the child care team throughout the North.
- Recruitment of child care staff
- Complete all necessary Human Resource/ Hiring requirements
- Familiarity and compliance with applicable legislation including Employment Standards, Human Rights and Work Safe to safeguard the respectful and fair treatment of staff, volunteers.
- Apply for and maintain education grants to ensure a skilled work force
- Creating job postings and advertisements
- Utilizing Provincial and Federal government programs
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter.
- Excellent time management and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and remain calm in an emergency.
Proven computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office.
- Works independently, making decisions and executing work with minimal support, in an environment with many urgent and competing priorities.
- This position deals with multiple demands, deadlines and dealing with the day-to-day interruptions.
- Work involves a moderate amount of physical, mental and visual demands.
- Occasional evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in HR an asset
- Experience applying for grants an asset
- Physical ability to do the duties required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in marketing
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Three satisfactory professional references.
- Immunization record including TB test.
- Current Child Care First Aid & CPR -C Certification or willing to obtain.
- Drivers License and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work with other local and government organizations to move forward a vision and strategy to grow a skilled workforce to meet the expanding needs of the sector
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and established connection to local elders and knowledge keepers will be considered an asset.