Better Living Health and Community Services has an opening for a seasonal Snow Removal Worker position. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting senior Clients with snow and ice removal services. This position reports to, Manager, Transportation and Home Maintenance Services
The Successful Candidate for this Position Must Possess the Following Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years with a clean driver's abstract
- No major infractions/suspensions) for all positions involving a licensed vehicle.
- Ability to meet our insurance requirements
- Ability to demonstrate skills to operate equipment required by the position.
- Excellent driving skills to safely maneuver or reverse vehicle/equipment in confined areas and around obstacles
- Commitment throughout the season (November to March)
- Work irregular shifts and extended hours as required to completion.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs and perform the physical aspects of the job
- Prior snow removal experience an asset
The Successful Candidate for this Position Must be able to:
- Operate, care and properly store equipment and tools (i.e. snow blower)
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment pertinent to daily job assignments
- Conduct snow removal to senior clients
- Clearing and De-icing of parking lots, sidewalks, steps, loading docks, and emergency exits.
- Conduct service quotes and review job requirements with senior Clients
- Be flexible and adaptable to changes in daily schedules
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable, punctual and accountable to commitments
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team