Nikihk Indigenous Housing First is an intense home visitation and follow-up program designed to assist those experiencing chronic homelessness. We provide in-home follow-up support, with cultural and spiritual support and education.
· Obtain information, prepare reports and assessments.
· Appraise client’s needs or eligibility for program.
· Find sustainable housing for clients; coordinate moving and transportation expenses; purchase/secure household items, food, and furniture.
· Ensure client assessments are being entered into the program database.
· Provide support to clients and landlords, resolve conflict situations between clients and landlords.
· Conduct move in and move out inspections.
· Build and foster positive relationships with property management companies.
· Maintain program housing statistics.
· Transport clients to viewings
· Address housing and re-housing issues and needs
· Documenting all objective interactions with clients, whether by phone or face to face, on ETO a web based case management software.
· Create an Independence plan with clients outlining steps required to ensure client maintains stable housing.
· B.A./B.S.W./Human Services Degree or Diploma or equivalent
· 3 – 5 years minimum of relevant experience
· Enthusiasm for being part of the solution to end homelessness in Edmonton
· Passion for working with Indigenous individuals; excited about being a catalyst of change in people's lives.
· Must understanding the impact the loss of culture identity and intergeneration residential school syndrome has had on Indigenous people.
· Effective time management and the ability to meet deadlines
· Budgeting skills are an asset
· Must have own vehicle and be willing to transport clients.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and willing to obtain a drivers abstract
· Must have 2-million-dollar liability insurance coverage
· Must provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Intervention Record Check (within a 6-month period from date of completion).
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary plus monthly auto allowance.
· Paid sick and wellness days after 3 months’ probation (pro-rated)
· Extended Health Benefit (50/50 cost sharing) after 6 months’ employment.
· Working approximately 34.5 hours per week
COVID-19 Notice: Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!