Status: Permanent Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Location: Head Office, Langley BC
Start Date: September 2021
Who we are:
Since 1983, Focus on the Family Canada has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, we work hard to respond to the many real issues families face today by providing sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. Our vision is to see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope. Learn more at www.focusonthefamily.ca
About the Position:
Are you passionate about optimized websites that deliver value, perform well, and engage their audience? Are you familiar with Wordpress and web development? Can you lead a project from start to finish and can you get that job done well? Then you may be the person we're looking for to lead our talented Digital Media team that values innovation, excellence, and teamwork.
As the Online Manager, you'll be working alongside developers, marketing specialists, designers, and writers to oversee the digital footprint of Focus Canada. You will oversee the web development team and speak into the strategy of new websites and other online assets. As one of the in-house technical web experts, you will create and maintain online assets and find effective solutions to integrate various systems. You will also liaise with external partners and represent the Digital Media team internally and externally.
· Lead the Digital Media team and oversee web development efforts to ensure effective digital delivery of relevant content through various channels
· With other internal stakeholders, determine overall online strategy to ensure maximum impact and user engagement
· Oversee implementation of online strategy and plan the structure and functional scope of new web properties
· Monitor website performance (Google Analytics) and create solutions to increase traffic and engagement
· Assist in development of new online properties and various online assets according to internal development standards
· Assist in maintaining existing websites built with PHP/Laravel, WordPress, or Ruby on Rails
· Liaise with external web agencies on software development and project-manage implementing new initiatives
· Improve usability and functionality of our ecommerce system (NetSuite SuiteCommerce)
Skills That You Bring:
As the ideal candidate, you will have 3+ years of experience in web development, digital strategy and experience leading a team. A degree or diploma in computer science, web development or a related field is a definite asset.
Your software experience includes web development frameworks, version control (e.g., Git), Google Analytics, WordPress, and MS Office. Experience with Laravel, Ruby on Rails, Netsuite SuiteCommerce, and HubSpot is considered an asset.
You thrive in a work environment that can be fast-paced with multiple, and often conflicting, deadlines. Above all, this important role requires an individual who maintains a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christ-like attitude by adhering to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
Please Note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!