Are you looking to make a different in the community?
Join the Urban Manor operation team to start today!
FT Support Worker 10-1830 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, wage $18-$20/hr. Full benefits after successfully completing 6 months of probation.
Executive Director and Staff Supervisor
To ensure that Urban Manor operates in a caring and professional manner.
• Experience with the vulnerable and under serviced population would be an asset.
• Basic understanding of harm reduction, mental health and addictions.
• A non-judgemental outlook and physically fit as well.
• Punctual, organized, resident focused and a team player with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to support staff administer medications, do laundry, weekly bed linen changes, hourly house checks and general support for 75 men who call Urban Manor home.
• Be able to read, write and understand English
DUTIES - RESPONSIBILITIES - EXPECTATIONS
• Responsible to work shifts as per scheduled. If unable to work, to give adequate notice so someone else can be called in.
• Responsible to assist with and attend to the physical, emotional and intellectual needs of the Residents by demonstrating an unconditional regard and caring and compassionate attitude.
• Responsible to demonstrate a positive attitude when interacting with other agencies, board members and persons involved with Urban Manor.
• To work co-operatively with other staff members.
• Responsible for the daily entries into the records which include: the daily log book, medical log, bed and meal register, as well as other records assigned.
• To ensure that any required cleaning on shift is completed.
• To change and launder all bedding, linen, towels and clothing, for Residents that are not able, on at least a once a week basis.
• Perform hourly house checks and check around the outside of building and van, and write in the log book.
• To issue medications.
• To be aware and ensure that any changes in a Resident’s condition, are monitored, documented and reported to the Case Worker.
• To attend staff meetings and in-service sessions.
• To perform any other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director and or the Staff Supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
• Send resume to: M
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!