To market, promote, and recruit participants, as well as connect with community and seek on-the-job or wage subsidy placements and employment opportunities for program participants.
- Liaises with community service providers and other professionals to promote awareness of STRIDE for Older Workers Program and to facilitate referrals.
- Promote and market the STRIDE for Older Workers program in the community using your knowledge of the BC Labour Market.
- Liaise with external employers, recruiters, and HR department staff to develop a list of available/prospective jobs and identify the ideal candidate they are looking for.
- Establish a network of community employers able to hire participants for on-the job training/ work experience, volunteer opportunities or Wage Subsidy program.
- Build relationships with multiple stakeholders from all walks of life, including diverse backgrounds, skillset, and abilities.
- Assist STRIDE Participants with applications for suitable jobs, and work with the Employment Facilitator to develop an effective cover letter and resume.
- Monitor and support participants during work experience training, volunteer placement, or Wage Subsidy
- Coordinate and schedule employer partner activities such as but not limited to, guest speakers on hiring practices, labour market information, mock interviews and job hiring events.
- Support participants with action plans; Maintain records and notes of participant progress and provide regular updates to Program Supervisor
- Provide monthly reports with detailed list of activities to Program Supervisor
- Participate in agency, department, and program meetings, trainings, and activities
- Follow established program guidelines, policies and procedures and adhere to agency policies
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Supervisor
Requirements and qualifications
Education and Certification:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- 1-2 years’ recent experience and skills in networking and marketing
- 1-2 years’ continuous employment related experience
- 1-year experience working with older multi – barriered persons, is preferred
- Strong cross-cultural experience, sensitivity, and skills
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Strong marketing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, and Email experience
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a current BC driver’s licence