Are you energetic, collaborative and have a passion for working with preschool children and their families? Do you excel in a classroom environment that focuses on play-based classroom activities as both individuals and in groups? Do you enjoy having the summer months off?
e4c is hiring for Relief Special Education Assistants with our Early Learning division who works as part of an interdisciplinary team to develop appropriate programming for children (ages 2.5 to 5 years) with additional needs. You will participate in case management planning and implement play-based programming according to the unique goals of children and their families that focus on total development. This is a unique opportunity for a Special Needs Assistant or Child Development Worker to utilize their educational expertise and experience to assist diverse families and children in reaching their full potential!
What you bring to the team:
• You possess Child Development Certificate Level 1, 2, or 3.
• You have First Aid & CPR
• You bring1+ year of experience working with children with developmental delays i.e. cognitive disabilities, speech and language delays, behavioral concerns, etc.
• You have a strong knowledge of the developmentally appropriate practice.
• You have prior experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
Important work you will do at e4c:
• Participate in case management planning and implementation that focuses on children’s and families goals’ in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Maintain ongoing interaction with children during classroom activities on an individual, small group, and large group basis.
• Monitor equipment and classroom to ensure that safety protocols are being followed.
• Assist all classroom staff with materials preparation and classroom clean-up, which may include photocopying, laminating, toy sanitation, and preparing craft materials
• Maintain communication with classroom staff to ensure program plans are carried out consistently.
• Model correct procedures and guidelines for post-secondary practicum students, parent volunteers, and others.
• Develop and maintain records and reports in order to meet program standards that include: attendance, disclosures, individual learning plans, classroom files, and other appropriate documentation.
Please note this is a maternity leave coverage position.
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, e4c continues to take action to protect persons served and staff. Strategies related to e4c’s response to COVID-19 are driven by the guiding principle of taking all reasonable precautions and measures to protect the health and safety of both persons served and staff. In keeping with this intentional purpose, COVID-19 Full Vaccination is a condition of employment for all employees at e4c. If an individual is unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined in the Alberta Human Rights Act, e4c will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation. Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation on this basis will be required to provide relevant documentation in support of the request for a reasonable accommodation.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!