About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada has been fuelling the entrepreneurial passions of enterprising young Canadians since 1996. We’re the only national, non-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship and resources to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. More than 13,000 young Canadian entrepreneurs, spanning every province and territory, have successfully launched their business with Futurpreneur’s support. Their main street businesses help drive Canada’s inclusive economic prosperity in communities from coast to coast to coast.
Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International , and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity: Client Relationship Manager Indigenous Young Entrepreneurs
As a Client Relationship Manager, you will play an integral role in the continued growth of the organization’s overall success. You will be responsible for assisting young Indigenous entrepreneurs with creating and developing successful applications for all Futurpreneur programs and services, while maintaining an exceptional level of client satisfaction and ensuring regional targets are met and/or surpassed. You will work collaboratively with Aboriginal Financial Institution (AFI) members of the National Aboriginal Capital Corporation Association (NACCA) network, other partners and Futurpreneur’s Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program Business Development team.
The incumbent will be working remotely (due to COVID) in the first instance and will then be located at our national office in Toronto, Ontario, or at another Futurpreneur satellite office as mutually agreed.
What you will do:
- Provide coaching to potential Indigenous entrepreneurs on key elements of a business plan including realistic cash flow projections, marketing initiatives, legal or insurance requirements, competitor analysis, SWOT, as well as an understanding of personal credit
- Support entrepreneurs via phone, on-line webinars/meetings, email and in person, in alignment with the Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program Business Development team
- Offer guidance to entrepreneurs with our online business resources and business plan writer
Screening of Entrepreneur Applications
- Conduct a summary review of the application including business plan and cash flow to determine eligibility for programs and funding
- Communicate potential issues surrounding the eligibility (including business plan, industry, timing, etc)
- Conduct analysis of credit report to determine if entrepreneur qualifies for financing from Futurpreneur Canada and/or co-funding partner
- Determine funding limits, communicate credit issues and refer to credit improvement supports to entrepreneur to improve their financial literacy
Program Application - Consultation with Entrepreneurs
- Review application including business plan and cash flow to determine business viability and help the entrepreneur update the application to meet the standards of Futurpreneur Canada
- Evaluate submissions and provide feedback and coaching necessary to build viable business plans and cash-flows that meet Futurpreneur application requirements for the Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program
- Compile and evaluate all additional documentation required to submit a complete application to National Adjudication
- Summarize pertinent information not found in the submission that will affect adjudication reviews
- Evaluate workflow based on quality and quality of applicants and predict likely disbursement months or dates
Program Application - Consultation with Partners
- Answer application related questions as needed
- Review Partner submitted applications to determine viability using Business Risk Predictor and by known Futurpreneur requirements
- Assist Partner in helping applicants understand what is expected from an application submission, including documents and timelines
- Provide support to the business development team in training partners on program details and the submission of quality applications
- Summarize pertinent information not found in the submission that will affect adjudication’s reviews
- Submit completed application to National Adjudication
Program Application - Conditions
- Prepare and communicate program acceptance and outstanding conditions necessary for disbursement
- Collect and evaluate required conditional documents
- Ensure that mentor matching requests are sent to the mentoring associate’s team
- Communicate the online mentoring orientation session to be completed by the entrepreneur
- Prepare, sign and submit loan agreements, promissory note and other required legal documents
- Communicate with compliance to ensure the loan is disbursed
Program Application - Internal Relations and Compliance
- Work directly with adjudication, entrepreneur-in-residence and loans teams to ensure entrepreneur applications are within eligibility requirements
- Consult with business development team on strategies to increase mentor and entrepreneur interest
- Other duties as assigned
What you will have:
- Relevant experience may include education with a focus on Business Administration/Financeor equivalent hands-on career experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a client support/client relations, Indigenous financial/economic or banking role
- Strong customer service experience with a desire to support the customer
- A demonstrated track record in meeting sales targets
- Strong network and sense of purpose, entrepreneurial mentality and/or lived experience working with Indigenous Entrepreneurs and community organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced by young Indigenous entrepreneurs and Indigenous-led and Indigenous-focused community organizations
- Proactive approach to conflict resolution
- Bilingual (French) an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 15, 2021.
Please click here : https://www.fitzii.com/apply/59206
What we offer:
Futurpreneur offers you the opportunity to work for an organization with a clear and compelling purpose - helping young entrepreneurs realize their dreams. Respect, teamwork, diversity and inclusion, transparency, empathy, impact, innovation, high performance, recognition and working hard and having fun are important to us!
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, amazing benefits and the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of young entrepreneurs and Canada’s economy.
Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications for all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.